100 Rads Bar... Home of the Off-Topic Topics!

Subjects with Humorous Touch

Re: 100 Rads Bar... Home of the Off-Topic Topics!

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 08 Jun 2016 15:28

Change in eating habits (such as not being arsed to acquire sustenance some days) is more of symptom than a cause, at least according to the person to whom i was referred to per mandatory checkup for the reserve training. Keyword being mandatory , as in enforced by law (it is also quite probable that had I been less tight lipped, they may have done more than just exempt me from training that includes weapon handling, not that I gave them reason to worry about that aspect, at least I don't think so) ... while I am well aware that it would most likely be of decent assistance, if i was able to voluntarily engage in communication beyond shallow interaction with people around me, I doubt I would be venting here. Even this is difficult at times, though I have gotten used to you folks (and some others from the GSC forums, which is the longest I have kept in touch with anyone aside from close family members, not even quite sure as to why that is) as acquaintances, what allows me to more easily converse is that fact that I do not have to meet you face to face to do so and even despite that many of the lines I put down here, I go over in my head many, many times and often disregard the idea/s alltogether. (ad:this reply itself was sat upon for a good two hours)

All that said however, I do try to get better as I understand that as things are, the chances of me becoming a functioning, let alone useful member of society are minimal. The prospect becoming simply a burden to others does not appeal to me, despite my lack of regard for most people.
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 09 Jun 2016 13:31

This is a positive step, I would say, Dark Templar that you are actually talking about how you feel in regard to various things, personal, society, or in general. As Rock rightly said, which I'm of the same opinion, opening a line of communication is very important, not only for you, but it is applicable for everyone actually. Whether it's online, over the phone, or by letters as in pre-internet times, it doesn't matter.
One of the biggest problems we face nowadays as individuals and as society is that in these somewhat post-modern times people fell into the idea of a sort of post-apocalyptic isolation (with a strange eagerness for it) and in own their lives go along with it, and feel loneliness even while walking in the crowd, shoulder-to-shoulder with others.
This is considered to be a common symptom of current modern (!) economical and technological (too) complexities, which frankly are not beneficial at all to a vast majority of people.

The thing is that you seem to be listening to yourself more than some others do, so that you may feel you are in a more depressive state that t may actually is. Many people compartmentalize their life ( and problems) and do try to forget them -albeit temporarily. And try to live one day to another day. That may be useful or not, depending on the problems, that's another matter. It's a defense mechanism, sort of. But if you start listening yourself too much, you will start noticing things more, and those may not be fun or comfortable .

So opening up communications are the best way. Online is good, as you put it too, there's a certain anonymity in it. Talk about yourself, curse to whatever things you want to curse to. It'll get easier.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 13 Jun 2016 15:23

In any case, we are always here DT B-)
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 27 Jul 2016 10:01

Occasionally I wonder, how much other people around me are able to see, regarding how I am.
Some time ago had to attend a social function of a relative. Though it was not really as bad as I feared, I would still have preferred to have been elsewhere. I don't think I acted much differently than I do any other time, but the way they said 'thanks for coming', kinda sounded like they figured as much, at least to some degree.
I have to spend way more time around some other people and they don't seem to have clue. Though I suppose I'm not really one to talk as I am partially socially illiterate and not able to pick up on many things
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 28 Jul 2016 12:01

Don't be hard on yourself Dark Templar, social life, particularly the one with relatives is mostly a theatrical act. That's normal in a way, many people may want to be somewhere else, but social necessities, rules, causes all to be present one time or another. You may not be the only one who wanted to somewhere else, don't blame yourself. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 28 Jul 2016 19:14

Nightwatch wrote:Don't be hard on yourself Dark Templar, social life, particularly the one with relatives is mostly a theatrical act. That's normal in a way, many people may want to be somewhere else, but social necessities, rules, causes all to be present one time or another. You may not be the only one who wanted to somewhere else, don't blame yourself. :mozilla_smile:

True as that may be often, it's not as if we are on bad terms with that part of the family, quite the opposite in fact ... rather just my own disposition.
But in any case that was not quite the, uh ... point. More akin to how others perceive me ... I think.
Jumbled thoughts into to jumbled words, sometimes the brain fails to work properly in that regard.

Ooon a less depressing note, probably, I have moved onto win10 as win8 apparently is something that MS wants to set aside faster than usual. Any cautionary tales I ought to hear.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 02 Aug 2016 17:25

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3729: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3153)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3731: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3153)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3732: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3153)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3733: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3153)

Riight, this bullshit appeared again.

On another note, win10 has some issues somewhere. For example something is mucking up loading, ShoC freezes right at when it ought to load into the game, have to ctr-alt-del to unfreeze it. Some other programs have the same problem. Reinstalling drivers doesn't seem to have worked.
Haven't encountered anything 'fatal error' type of stuff though.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 05 Aug 2016 11:32

Thanks, yup, I've noticed the "Time Zone" error again, it was their servers the last time it happened. I'll send the report to the hosting company, thanks.

As far as Windows 10 goes, I knowingly missed the Free upgrade deadline as frankly I don't intend to upgrade to 10. My current OS is Win 8.1, well, it's OK, got used to it in a sort of way.

Win 10 is problematic, particularly in the way it operates behind the doors. It doesn't allow much control for you on the settings and updates, so many things are away from the eyes and automatic, this is somewhat worrying for many users. It's been debated that such approach may well make the system more prone be exploited by attackers. I guess there aren't many new useful features on it either, feels like mostly prepared for mobile phones and tablets, probably it is.

Any news updates practical usage of Windows 10 always greatly appreciated. :)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 05 Aug 2016 18:22

Wife and I are both using 10 with, so far, no issues. It's on my ASUS Republic of Gamers laptop and her MSI Prestige gaming notebook. They both came with 8.1 but we upgraded. Only issue she had was her sound was wonky but found the fix for it online as it seemed to be an issue with MSI. My gaming experience is, well, AWESOME!!!! She'll tell you hers is also but she doesn't play the games we do #-o
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 06 Aug 2016 01:18

Well, tried to do some more digging with my limited google fu, gave up, rolled back to 8.1, major issues from the brief win10 period gone. Probably ought to reinstall the nvida driver but otherwise things seem back to normal ...
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 10 Aug 2016 15:47

I posted a pic of our weapons collection here in '03. A year ago they were confiscated by police from a friends house during a domestic dispute. Today, fingers crossed, we are getting them back. :-ss
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 11 Aug 2016 12:03

Good luck getting your weapons back Rock I can't see a picture. Maybe you'll post it again after you've got them back.

Also, good work DARK TEMPLAR that you've successfully rolled back to 8.1; some instances, it's not that easy to roll back without problems.
Seems Windows 10 works rather different on different set ups, looking at your problems with it, while Rock and Tina don't have issues.
Well, in ideal situation, an OS should work smoothly across all reasonable set ups. Maybe it's just early days for Win 10.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 11 Aug 2016 14:48

No weapons. Still missing paperwork from DOJ ](*,)
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 11 Aug 2016 23:39

Good luck with that Rock.

Right, not sure if this is a result of the update and rollback but something sort of seems finnicky with network software ... will be able to check that later. Ed: nope, apparently was fault of the cable.

In other news, not sure if you remember her, maybe you had already migrated here before she showed up on the GSC forums, anyways a plug for this lass
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzGgcx ... s4RBem4JpQ
She is apparently also part of a creative group
http://www.chaosnova.co.uk/
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 16 Aug 2016 20:22

And, they're BACK!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 21 Aug 2016 11:25

You must be relieved, you've waited for this matter to end quite long :)

I think I see two shotguns, one pump action; and the third one is, what, a 22 cal hunting rifle, I guess?

(didn't see the picture fist, too big for forum I guess. First I saved it, then looked at it on PC , then it was quite clear)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 21 Aug 2016 16:09

Two 12 guage shotguns. One is a 1936 Springfield. Old Blunderbust I call her. The rifle is an M1 .30 Carbine B-)
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 24 Aug 2016 15:10

Classics, very good choices B-)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 25 Aug 2016 18:27

And I don't know why, whenever I post a pic in this forum, it comes out so BIG.
----------------
rockingmtranch

PreviousNext

Return to Bar in the Zone