36%
No, not interested at all.
No votes
Go **** yourself.
18%

Total votes : 11

STALKER: TAINT mod

Postby MeanderingBeing on 30 Sep 2008 04:11

All right, this is my upcoming mod. It is a total conversion mod using the Warhammer 40,000 setting. I was originally working on a tweak mod for Kany's Oblivion Lost 2.2, but in all honesty, OL, Priboi, and Run and Gun are the more than sufficient for AWESOME STALKER gameplay, so I think we need some new mods for things completely different. I think Infested City and this mod will do the job of adding some new AWESOMEness to the modding community.

So anyways, here are the features (copied from my thread in the GSC forum)
This would be a total conversion mod. It will have absolutely NOTHING to do with STALKER or Chernobyl. DON'T STOP READING! HEAR ME OUT!
-I want to use the X-Ray engine to make a whole new game (F*CK X-Ray 1.5).
-The game would be a FPS/RPG of Warhammer 40,000. I have yet to see a cool First Person game in the Warhammer 40,000 setting. And I think it would be really cool, and I think the X-Ray engine is up to the task.
-You can play from multiple perspectives, IE, you can play as the AWESOME Adeptus Astartes (Space Marines), or Index Astartes (Chaos Space Marines) or even the Imperial Gaurd, or maybe a Chaos Cultist. Maybe even you could play as a Lesser Daemon. Obviously, the different Warhammer Gods would be in play here. Meaning you could be a Chaos Space Marine, but follow the path of Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeench, or Slanesh. I think we could achieve this by having the game start out with a black screen behind a dialog box asking "Who you are" and giving you the said choices. Then have different starting points and equipment for each choice.
-Not much map changing, just Re-Textures, and some modification in 3ds, to give it that Grim Future feeling of Warhammer. *NEW IDEA: SISTERS OF BATTLE!
-New weapons and such to reflect the setting. *NEW IDEA: ASSAULT MARINE AND CHAOS RAPTOR ARMOR, after playing around with levitating using artifacts and some file mofication, I have discovered that this is VERY possible.
-Mutants would be removed and replaced with Daemons and natural wildlife of the planet. Maybe some Warp Tainted mutations of the wildlife. A-life would be kept intact.
-Very brutal gameplay.
-Whole new story arc, and TOTAL freeplay. If you want to just spend your time killing Chaos, go for it. If you want to spend your time searching for artifacts of Holy Terra, go for it. If you want to spend your time spreading the Taint of Chaos, go for it!
-Anamolies would be maintained, and would be explained by the taint of the Warp on the planet.
-Again, very brutal gameplay. Chainswords, Bolt Guns, all of it! It should be absolutely gruesome!
-The inquisition will be involved! Why? Because NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!
-ChainAxes, ChainSwords, Power Weapons, all of it, hopefully, will be ingame!

I have moved to this forum because the GSC forum has turned into a children's playground. Constant FlameWars and all that with very little support has made me very apprehensive about going there. Plus, it seems almost all of the old-school SHoC modders (the cool guys) have left, leaving the GSC forums with 14 year olds (the lame guys) who do nothing but ***** and can't figure out how to turn off the brain-scorcher. And again, even in the SHoC forum, I am seeing alot less support for new mods than when I first joined. SOOOOoooo, I am moving to this forum because everyone who I think is cool is here, and there seems to be more of a "Let's mod" attitude, rather than a "You stoooopud noooob, You can't do that! Yu stooooooopud" attidtude.

So anyways, I am currently recruiting for a development team who can help me with this mod. Any help is greatly appreciated! I have sent an invitation to dez0wave, and will be sending invitations to:
FatRaps
Kanyhalos
Jamie
And ANYONE else who is interested.
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 30 Sep 2008 09:02

Yo, cool you got a name for the mod thats pretty sweet.

I dont seem to have an invitation or wateva maybe you aint sent it or something.

Not sure if ill have enough time to help or anything but send the Invo and ill have to see. :P
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Kanyhalos on 30 Sep 2008 09:16

Hi MeanderingBeing!

I like your idea, STALKER games are completely unplayable for me, I have no interest in new features, stories, levels, anything, that is still that game what I played through more then 1000 times including playtesting in godmode.
But a completely new FPS/RPG would be very good, especially with huge levels.
By the way, I saw that you would like to hire me, but there is a big problem, I have never played any games in the Warhammer universe, so I wouldn't have a single idea about anything.
I do like fantasy aspect games, stories.
I can imagine ideas in the warcraft or forgotten realms universe, or something like that, but I absolutely have no clue about Warhammer, I just saw some screenshots and it didn't impress me too much so I just ignored it.
I might be able to help you, but I'm not sure if it does make sense to hire me in this case, and I'd also note that I'M VERY BUSY in real life so I couldn't take as serious as time on it, also I'm completely dumb ass on mapping, animating, modelling and I'm not even interested on those things at all, I'm just a scripter, not a globalist.

Take care.
DOWNLOAD Oblivion Lost 2.2 for 1.0004
http://rapidshare.de/files/40226819/OL2 ... 04.7z.html

DOWNLOAD Oblivion Lost 2.2 for 1.0005
http://rapidshare.de/files/40226610/OL2 ... 05.7z.html
Kanyhalos
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 30 Sep 2008 09:47

YOU GOT MAIL!
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Verton23 on 30 Sep 2008 21:02

brilliant idea. I wish I could understand modding. But i can tesy any feature you want when you start it. :thumbleft:
Verton23
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 30 Sep 2008 21:28

Nice idea, but I think the biggest problem will be character models.

Levels & weapons can be done, we have seen that.

Character models on the other hand have not been done yet, presumably due to the sheer number of animations. Compared to a weapon I bet there are over 10 times as many for a character model. Gosuke has imported a female head onto a Stalker mesh, but that is different to a whole new model.

If your serious, I would investigate that aspect first, before you waste any time on level, weapons, etc.

Saying that, although I don't have time to be a part of this, any question asked here, I will try and answer as best I can.

Good luck.
EggChen

Postby MeanderingBeing on 01 Oct 2008 05:25

Hmmmmm... well, I am already trying my luck with some practice character models. I'm currently trying out my Przewalski Power Armour in 3dsMax 8. Animation so far seems simple. I find the hardest part to be the actual model building. I'm having alot of trouble with getting the Polys to stay where I want them. Here's a link to the concept art if you want to see what I am trying to do....
http://meanderingbeing.deviantart.com/art/Concept-Przewalski-PA-98927135
Once I figure work out the wrinkles, I think the model building will be simple.
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby VINTAR on 01 Oct 2008 08:38

MEA, this mod sounds very interesting. But man will it be a lot of work. If I knew anything about modding, I would help, but alas I know only how to tweak (thanks to Kany :salute: ).
Core2Quad Q8300 2.5 @ 3.6ghz
Cooler Master Hyper TX 2 CPU cooler
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
2 GIGS Transcend DDR2 800 pc6400 @ 960
Thermaltake Tough Power 650w PSU
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
-----------------------------------
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby nandersen on 19 Oct 2008 20:44

MeanderingBeing, I can hack scripts and stuff like that, so let me know what you want to do and with what and I'll do my best to help you.
nandersen
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 21 Oct 2008 05:23

HAHA! Victory will be mine!
Than you Nanderson. I am currently out the story arcs and all that. I appreciate the help. I guess the first thing I would ask is chainswords. If I can get someone who can work out animations and modeling, could you add the scripts necessary to make em rock in the game?

Sorry guys, I haven't been on in a while due to computer issues...
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 21 Oct 2008 17:33

There's a Female STALKERs project going on by RustIronCrowe, at the moment they (females) very good. You may want to have alook at them and have a word with him.

http://forums.filefront.com/s-t-l-k-e-r-soc-modding-editing/376646-female-stalkers-7.html

About the chainsaw (chainswords, I take it as a chainsaw, if I'm not mistaken), if you can have the animations done, I'm sure there will be people who would like to make it function very brutally. :)
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby MeanderingBeing on 24 Oct 2008 08:43

Well, I've got good news folks.
I've found a similar mod for BF2 here:
http://www.battlefield40k.com/
I am going to contact them about their models and animations and poo.
Maybe I can get them to let me use some.
Which will save ALOT of time.
Then all I need is rescripting, reskins, etc.
And we might have a beta!
Hell, I might actually be able to get a few people together for this.

Now, I smoke celebratory joint. Wanna join me in cyberspace?

Anyways, This is just an update of sorts. But please help me keep this alive. I can't wait to see this out there!

EDIT: A chainsword is, well, two swords slapped around a motor and chainsaw teeth, to put it simply. There's a motor in the handgaurd, and two plates in a sword like form, and chainsaw teeth running on a track down the center. A trigger on the hilt operates the motor.
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 24 Oct 2008 12:56

MeanderingBeing wrote:A chainsword is, well, two swords slapped around a motor and chainsaw teeth, to put it simply. There's a motor in the handgaurd, and two plates in a sword like form, and chainsaw teeth running on a track down the center. A trigger on the hilt operates the motor.

Very interesting. :)
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 24 Oct 2008 13:02

isn't this the chainsword meanderingBeing?

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/N ... onDuck.jpg

I just love warhammer 40k :D

I would help if i could but for stalker i only know the very very very basics to modding such as editing weight. So i be pretty much useless.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 25 Oct 2008 08:15

Yep. But in the warhammer 40k universe, there are different chainswords depending on the "Prestige" of the bearer. For example an Adeptus Soriatus (Sister of Battle) would have a more effective (and elegent) chainsword than a pit fighter in a Hive City. And generally speaking, the higher prestige someone has, the more BRUTAL a weapon is.

The power sword, for example, can rend tank armour. When used against flesh, the crackling plasma arcing arcross the sword just wracks the victim, on top of being cleaved in two.

The Daemon Hammer is even more vicious! Remember, these weapons are designed to channel the might of the Emporor himself! They will THROW pulverized bodies across the battlefield, and smash tanks. And on top of that, they purge Daemons. What can be better?

EDIT: Here's a couple pictures of miniatures with chainswords...
http://media.photobucket.com/image/chai ... rd.jpg?o=4
http://media.photobucket.com/image/chai ... 2.jpg?o=17
http://media.photobucket.com/image/chai ... 6.jpg?o=29
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 25 Oct 2008 10:50

damn that takes me back to the old days when i used to play that game :).

I can just imagine having these weapons in the game. Having orks are a must i just wanna go on a rampage and kill them on this game :D
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 26 Oct 2008 10:02

Well, I guess I can reveal a small portion of me secret plan for world domination.
Well first off, I will have to release the mod in "Chapters."
By Chapters I mean, a Chapter a Race/Faction. Now mind you, this is not in any consecutive order, so if you wait, you can play in any order. In a sense, all the chapters are unfolding simultaneously.

All right, on to the concept...

Well, this mod will take place on a produce planet called Beubonis. The basic background of the planet is thus:

(Pre-Horus)
The colony ships landed on this planet with a single landmass surrounded by an ocean that makes the landmass seem tiny. However, the planet rotated on a perfectly verticle axis, and with the landmass almost dead center of it's hemisphere, it is in a perpetual summer. At that time, the original settlers dubbed the planet Mayus (I named it after the Mayans. When the Spanish arrived in S. America, the Mayans had vast agriculture built around their cities in the mountains.)

Shortly after the initial hive was established, an Obelisk was discovered. On this Obelisk was arcane writings. Librarians of the Adeptus Astartes Chapter Timbre Wolves studied the obelisk. They quickly discovered that the obelisk was strangley connected to what is now known as the Eye of Terror and the Warp. Though this discovery was made through inadvertant activation.

Beasts of Chaos and Daemons quickly swarmed the planet.

After the Horus Heresy, all knowledge of this fringe world and the Space Marine Chapter that called this planet home.

(Post-Heresy)
As the Emperium of Man is ever expanding, new colonies are always going beyond the safe boundries of the Imperial Navy. One such colony ship filled with cyborgs, outcastes, and void-borne found a planet that would be perfect for agricultural development. But when they landed, they discovered the native wildlife all carried a natural plague, so they set to exterminating them around their newly built city.

These new settlers named the planet Beubonis (I named it after the Beubonic Plague).

Alright. Now to expand on this background. Remember, When you first start, this Pre-Heresy background isn't revealed, but consider this your exclusive peak. Its not like its going to reveal much :) because I am evil and sneaky like that.
Alirght, back to the races expanding story arcs. (My plan is to make it kinda like a story tree)

***Planetary Defense Force (PDF): As with any other planet in the Imperium, a planet with no active threat only has a skeletal organization of Imperial Gaurd known as the PDF. Because this planet is based on agriculture, the PDF has no Manufactoriums for heavy vehicles. Their tactics are based on major troope actions and light support vehicles.

The game starts for you in the outskirts of a city. You were off-duty when contact was lost with the planets only major Manufactorium for weapons and light vehicles. (This is so we can keep the NPP as is. I'm not being cheap, I'm just working with what I gots. REALLY! *No sarcasm at all... I mean it! Stop laughing at me!*) Now, I want to keep it free-play, so from the start you can do almost whatever you want... You can investigate the signs of Xenos influence on the planet, you can fill the role of Comrade Commisare, you can go to the Manufactorium (which will be possible from the start, but I plan to make it VERY hard), or you can set to fortifying the farm plains outside the city (Which I have yet to name).

***Adeptus Astartes (Space Marines): The Space Marine Chapter Timbre Wolves Battle Fleet had been trapped in a Warp Storm on their way to Reinforce the planet-side Marines in Pre-Heresy times. When they come out of the Warp Storm, they discover that MANY things have changed since they departed from Terra for Mayus. They deploy and begin re-learning history and begin a new crusade against foul forces of chaos.
The Timbre Wolves Chapter has developed a special knack for psychic combat. The main force of Space Marines are handpicked from known Blunters in the Imperium (Their minds emit a psychic dead-zone) and their Leaders (Chaplain, Librarians, Captains, Commanders, and Sargeants) are handpicked Psykers from the Black Halls of Holy Terra.

Well, unfortunately you can't play a Psyker Space Marine. I know, it'd be cool, but I'll be blunt. This is a HUGE project, and I would have no clue where to begin with that. The only limitations of a Psyker is their psychic strength and their intelligence. That would change the Dynamics of the game SOOOO much to be able to use the Immaterium to such a degree. Although, at some point, I think all of us modders should put our minds together and maybe make a standalone Warhammer 40k mod where you play a Psyker. I think that would be SUPREEEEEEME-Yeah... Gonna cum 1 2 3, SUPPREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEMe yeah... uh sorry. I'm listening to Tenacious D again....

Anyways, You will play a Space Marine deployed into the plains of Mayus (Beubonis) to purge the heretics who have taken over the chapter homeworld. You quickly discover that the PDF is not in fact a heretic cult. (After leveling their Command and Control Center, of course :))
Again, freeplay is critical. How you go about this faction's story arc is your decision. By the way, I am not going to tell you a damn thing about their story. I don't want to ruin anything for you!

***And same goes for the rest. I am not telling you what other factions will be in play here other than you can play a Chaos Space Marine, among other things. This is critical to me keeping the story a surprise.

So if you have any questions, comments, constructive criticism, feel free to post it! I would love to here your feedback on this!
Also, I still have no-one to help me with this. Nanderson, you still up to this daunting task?

So if you would like to help in any way shape or form, including hints, advice, and tutorials, it will be greatly (So much emphasis on "greatly" that there is no way to put it in words) appreciated!

EDIT: Oh yes, and there WILL be Orks. Who can resist a little WAGH!?
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 26 Oct 2008 10:57

This mod has gotten cooler then i thought it would be.

After reading your story i just have to guess and think the eldar are involved somehow..

Great to see theres gonna be orks. Even though i know it boasts their morale im still going to charge them and :violent3:

My feedback is:
I WANT THIS MOD.

That out the way take as much time as you need to complete this mod. I try and help with whatever i can. Being um.. something im good at.

exactly what kind of hints, advice and tutorials?

WAGH TO WAR! couldn't resist :).
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 26 Oct 2008 13:59

This is a very substantial project indeed; with a strong and interesting storyline. I'm sure it'll be received with great enthusiasm. :thumbright:
I guess you'll be using SoC maps, levels structure; or do you plan to add other maps as well? (that would of course raise the scope of the project and the required work to be handled to some extreme levels.)

I am very busy with my project currently, but at later stages of your work I would like to see in what way I may be useful. Overall, it sounds like a very interesting mod and I'm looking forward to seeing on PC screen. :)
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Next

Return to Mods & Discussions