Far Cry 2

Discussions, News, Questions

Postby Darkness62 on 21 Nov 2008 02:35

Finished this game last night, it's pretty bad, very much a console game. Boring and repetitive. Fire is nice though. That's pretty much the best I can say about it.

Here's some videos I made on it.

Fun with fire.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udiy6WwYTCo

Convoy Attack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP9EbFEgRl4

Bit of a spoiler this is the end of the game, this is what goes for a multiple ending game amongst console-tards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1phAz4rYTNI

My advice, save your money, avoid this one like malaria... lol Clear Sky is a much better game despite it's broken release.
Darkness62
Senior Resident

Re: Far Cry 2

Postby Nightwatch on 09 Dec 2008 19:04

Ubisoft has withdrawn the 1.2 patch.

It says:
UBISOFT wrote:"Far Cry patch 1.2 has shown unexpected behaviour on specific hardware configurations. These matters are mainly due to incompatibilities with several optimisations brought lately to the code, with the intent to please a large number of users.

We’re currently asking CRYTEK to work on delivering a new patch as soon as possible. Until then we have decided to remove the patch 1.2 from the official UbiSoft websites."

http://www.esyurl.com/dw6
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby EggChen on 09 Dec 2008 20:50

We are currently asking Crytek???? They didn't develop this one!!

It must be bad :ymblushing:
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 09 Dec 2008 21:36

EggChen wrote:We are currently asking Crytek???? They didn't develop this one!!

It must be bad :ymblushing:

I asked the same thing to myself... well, beats me. :-??

Could be that they have been working together from some time, at least loosely?
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 09 Dec 2008 22:54

Currently asking crytek..

In my head i can only think of a few reasons why they posted this.
A: Ubisoft are on drugs and can't remenber who designed the game
B: Crytek secretly made the game then gave it to the other company for them to bug (no offense to whoever made fry cry 2 again i forgot)
C: Crytek have been asked to save fry cry 2 from the bugs

Now i got that done.. I know this game is all crap for the PC but how bout for a console like PS3 or xbox 360? As my brother seems to have brought it with his ps3.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 10 Dec 2008 14:03

This game just has FAIL! written in its code, seriously, dont bother with this game.
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 11 Dec 2008 00:12

FC2 is a horrible game, in a nutshell its Crysis, only worse.. much worse. Graphics don't look as nice, theres next to no physics compared to Crysis, missions are trite and dull as hell. Epic FAIL.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 15 Dec 2008 01:16

My tech buddy needed $20 so I bought this with crack from him.
Glad Ubisoft didn't get any money from me on this one. In some
ways, it looks good. In many ways it looks "washed out". As a
basic shooter it's okay for a short time. This game makes Clear
Sky look like a masterpiece.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 15 Dec 2008 01:40

I had some fun with this one, but it sure is not all its cracked up to be.

I only played about half an hour on my mate's PC, and it did have some very neat things in it. Thing is coming from Stalker (SHOC) and other games like Crysis, it's just not cutting it.

I did not like the weapon purchase system, so you buy one weapon, and any number you want afterwards are free? Why? Weapon's dealers are nice guys now? A complete overhaul of the economy and missions to make the game less for console kids could make this a brilliant game. Its that sad, the engine is good, the graphics are very good at times, and the combat is a lot of fun.... but it just seems wrong to dump you in a freeform world with one objective (A PC game if ever I heard of one) then use these concole type gameplay mechanics.

Still, when my mate is finished, I may take your approach Dave, as a bit of a casual game it is OK, but nothing more.... it got 94% in PCGamer, a well known magazine here in the UK.
EggChen

Postby audioave10 on 15 Dec 2008 02:53

I'll never trust a PC mag or website again as they are "paid" for the
reviews. Now, all PC games are rated by console players. There is
now a chance that a good PC game will get a poor rating because the console "fool" didn't know what the hell he was doing.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 15 Dec 2008 21:15

I am afraid we are seeing some dumbing down of expectations in PC gaming, from the reviewers themselves. Perhaps it is inevitable when PC is becoming the third console (I don't count the wii), with all these games suffering serious console-itis. I used to trust the judgement of this mag, but their unquestioning love of everything Valve is beginning to grate, that and the inability to review with the perspective of a PC gamer (which is after all the title of their mag!!).
EggChen

Postby ket on 16 Dec 2008 02:37

Its a shame, the PC is BY FAR the most powerful gaming platform on the planet, the problem is that developers are insanely lazy, and unrealistic deadlines don't help. Its not a great game, but based purely on visuals and physics, can you seriously name a console game that looked as good as Crysis or Crysis Warhead IN-GAME and not scinematic sequence? Me neither. Now if only devs got unlazy and were gicen realistic deadlines, some truely amazing feats would surface. I can't even remember a game that has been a true feat after the Max Payne series.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 27 Dec 2008 19:16

OK, during a Christmas break, I've found an opportunity to start this game. And I've managed to play a good four hours at least. You want my (initial) opinion: it's CRAP!

In fact, I'll go further and say that: it's worse than Far Cry (first one)

OK, I've not witnessed any technical issues so far, as far as CRTs, stuttering, bugs, etc, but the whole logic is utterly stupid and the overall game is sooo boring!!

Very linear, do this, do that, search diamonds with a stupid diamond locator (excuse me??) then a small skirmishes once in a while with equally idiotic NPCs (where did they get that AI? From the start of the last decade?)

Weapons jam in every couple of shots. What kind of stupid game company is this? Even WWI weapons can function better. Hey, stupid UBISOFT... if you want, I can arrange a test for you which is to be undertaken by properly trained personnel.

Then, what is this feeble, moronic logic, but no, I cannot even use the word "logic" in this sentence when describing the following event:

OK... You are a notorious arm dealer who supply the most of Africa (wow, was this a gas cloud raising to the sky?) and conveniently named as "Jackal" (couldn't you come up with another name for God's sake, it's getting funnier here), anyway... Then you catch the agent/mercenary who is sent to kill you and you let him go? Why? Is it because -despite whatever they tell about you- you are not a notorious arm dealer who is in the hit list of many governments, but actually you are a priest, or a rep from Red Cross? So that you let the person live who is sent to kill you?
Yeah, in these things, it always happens like this. (sarcasm)
So the game should have finished as soon as it started; or, as in the current form, it has lost it's credibility from the beginning. Maybe it was the main reason that UBISOFT staff got sort of turned off with the game, and then let it down the drain faster than muddy April rains.

Where is the eBay link..? I must sell this game before anyone reads this review, or other reviews.
:-J
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 27 Dec 2008 23:34

Saves me some $.....thank you.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby busetibi on 28 Dec 2008 12:49

rockingmtranch wrote:Saves me some $.....thank you.

yep. :thumbright:
was thinking about buying it, but not anymore
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 28 Dec 2008 15:14

If you had read all other posts you would have seen everyone calling it a piece of crap, not sure why you only took note of nightwatchs one, still atleast he opened your eyes to how shite that game is. :)
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 28 Dec 2008 15:57

My brother got this game with his ps3 and there was nothing i could do to stop that. I be sure to get my review when i try that game out on it to see if its any different then the pc reviews.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 28 Dec 2008 17:33

Man, I'm really sorry to hear that this game is so bad. I was really looking forward to it (and I think I might have gotten it as a Christmas present... we haven't done Christmas yet because of a death in the family and most of my family is out of town). Is it as bad as Crysis???? 8-[
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 28 Dec 2008 17:57

jamie1992 wrote:If you had read all other posts you would have seen everyone calling it a piece of crap, not sure why you only took note of nightwatchs one, still atleast he opened your eyes to how shite that game is. :)

Just because my post followed Nightwatch's doesn't mean I didn't read all.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

PreviousNext

Return to All PC Games