You finished Clear Sky--- Now what do you think about it?

General Topics -all inclusive- on Clear Sky

Re: You finished Clear Sky--- Now what do you think about it?

Postby freekiller on 06 Jan 2009 11:17

It could be better,also dvd is not the best in the world,it gives problems when reading,in my new system Vista,Quadcore,4 Gb RAM,ATI 4870,runs very bad,it freezes ass SHoC did in my single processor,but whe i played CS for firts time i played in a single procesor,at medium,but ran smoothly,now it doesn´t,and after play FO3 or FC2 with their minimun load times and their stability,having problems with STALKER CS makes me don´t play it.

And talking about the game,i really lke it but is true that somethings are worst than in ShoC,having separate maps makes you not feel the zone,and faction war is poor,it could be better,better missions,and diferent misisons,not one mission for all STALKERs untill you have finished it,(Old detector,for example)

I hope next STALKER will be better cause there´s no time to play with unfinished games.
..i´ll be back,don´t hesitate,this is not a menace,just the way it should be.
freekiller
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 06 Jan 2009 14:57

I think you have nailed the point there buddy.... its not the worst game, but time is limited...
My current list of gaming priorites would be in this order of games I either have, or can borrow.

Finish Fallout 3 (then play again as an Evil dude).
GTA IV
Stalker NEWSA
Deadspace
Gears of War
Bioshock
Company Of Heroes
Assasins Creed (Freebie with my GFX card)
Clear Sky
Far Cry 2

As you can see I have a few to play, some are already a couple of years old!
EggChen

Postby Balious on 06 Jan 2009 17:25

It seems Clear Sky is not as good as shadow of chernobyl. Pretty much a shame as I just brought the game but just like in shadow of chernobyl there are good mods :)

Eggchen if you like storylines then don't be surprised at the assassins creed storyline if you don't know it. From what I seen of the game I was expecting so much more to be as good as the prince of persia games (not the new one its crap). Only reason I actually play assassins creed will be for gameplay and im not sure how much of that is in the game.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 06 Jan 2009 18:18

Cheers Bal, don't worry it is low down the list!!! Also, I heard about the ridiculous storyline used in an effort to not offend any religions.

I had a quick go after installing it and just turned it off in the tutorial. Many better games to be playing.
EggChen

Postby Balious on 06 Jan 2009 19:04

Don't worry Eggchen there are plenty of games in that list that are very very good (as you know of course). The top 5 being the best games I think in that list. Deadspace clearly told me it is a contender for 2008 game of the year (in my mind of what it is anyway).

To make your list complete I would suggest getting Left 4 Dead just for the online play as it is very good. The only bad points is that it can get repetitive of the same maps but that doesnt bother me and that you need steam to play it. But on the bright side of things is that you dont know the disk to play, best zombie survival co-op i have seen, can play as infected bosses, theres achievements for both the pc and xbox 360 to try and get (some of these can be a pain to get especially the no survivors take damage after calling the rescue vehicle) and the best of all you don't have to pay nothing after getting the game putting world of warcraft and all the other mmos that you need to pay to shame.

I would try and get this topic back to clear sky but i have nothing about in this topic i think i can discuss as its mainly spoilers right now for me as i rarely know whats happening in clear sky apart from faction wars.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 06 Jan 2009 19:13

OK bud, be sure to let us know what you think while playing it.
EggChen

Previous

Return to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky