Got the Game

General Topics -all inclusive- on Clear Sky

Got the Game

Postby Balious on 06 Jan 2009 17:52

I just brought the game for £15 at gamestation (was at half-price). Now that I got the game and installing it right now I have a question to ask.

Besides getting the latest patch is there anything recommanded I should get? of course besides the faction commander mod (yes jamie i am getting it calm down).
Balious
Senior Resident

Re: Got the Game

Postby EggChen on 06 Jan 2009 18:21

Well, some kind of Russian Audio mod..... and turn off battle music.
First thing I noticed was the awful English voice acting.

Audioave would surely be able to give you more of an idea.
EggChen

Postby Balious on 06 Jan 2009 18:55

Exactly how crap is the english voice acting? It can't be as worse as the one on resident evil 1 original. That was so crappy that it was funny.

Heres an example
Blood on the ground barry looks at it investigating then says "What? What is this?" and continues to stare at it after saying it was blood like he could find out everything that happened in that spot of why the blood was there.

Im gonna try playing stalker with the faction commander mod (I believe it makes faction wars way more epic and jamie seems to be in love with it so it must be good). I put everything on hard seeing as i normally have it on the hardest on soc. Lets see how long I last before dying.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 06 Jan 2009 19:16

It wasn't the voice acting from main characters, but your squad mates in battle.

It really ruined immersion to here them shout "flank him" in a dodgy accent. Then again I ran SHOC with an audio mod from my second playthrough.... so it may have just seemed worse than it really is.

One thing I should have mentioned, get the latest drivers for your video card, hopefully some CS optimisations will now be built in.
EggChen

Postby ket on 06 Jan 2009 20:04

haha.. CS is fUnNy. Look at the retarded xray log.. and I havent even touched it yet with any mods :p

! cannot find special danger animations for object with visual actors\stalker_nebo\stalker_nebo_2

^^ That continues for about 50 lines in the log lol.

On the plus side, graphically things do look MUCH better, but I think that has more to do with much higher resolution textures more than anything.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 06 Jan 2009 20:39

After a quick playthrough I can now say to myself. Why on gods earth would you put it on hardest and let bandits get all your money and then kill you with greande lobbing after killing the guy that stole your money. Think I put it on easy next time I play.

Although with the above I did notice a little bug/glitch being i saved after the bandit was walking towards me to rob me. After reloading my save the bandit walked back to where he was originally and kept speaking saying dont move and blabla. Meaning I could either run away like a little chicken or go suicide or just stand there waiting for something to happen.

To me I can hardly see any difference between cs and soc but thats just me. I may seem to like cs more due to the faction commanders mod once i actually learnt how to play the game 100%.

And of course I always once in a while do a stupid thing. And yes it was more stupid then the bandit part and this being not knowing how to look at my stash info i randomly got from the faction commanders mod i believe. And of course after I turned the game off I may of finally just found out how by checking the inventory and see if its an item. Of course my brain is full of stupid mistakes that i randomly make (that be the reason if i ever mistake a character with another or something like that)

I now present to you pictures of this quick run of mine of confusion.
http://i41.tinypic.com/euk5ro.jpg

Any explaining done of what that could be? the fire moves all the way through it and back again. I thought it could be a poltergeist as i see them do that in soc unless gsc have played NEWSA and added that firebite dog thing into CS.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 06 Jan 2009 21:29

Go find out what the fireball thing is chicken-wuss :p we cant tell anymore than u can by that screen lol.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 06 Jan 2009 21:42

I would but I started a new game and couldn't get into that building on the previous one.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 08 Jan 2009 21:43

Okay after a few days playing I believe I can finally do a review with the faction commander mod on.

It is very very good! There were a few problems I had one only being a bug. I now understand why Eggchen thought getting a russian audio mod be good. One problem I had was when I was in the Clear Sky faction I was in the fish habbit whatever place you go to after the guide leads you away from the base. And after assault after assault from the Renegades the guide in the village finally dies and I can no longer access the base to get my reward money for my squad for a guide back to there. And I finally ran out of medkits and as I do another massive assault happens and after I kill 99% of it Clear Sky members finally come and help defend. I wouldn't be in this situation in the first place if the ones defending earlier didn't decide to go camp somewhere else.

The only thing that can save me right now is a money cheat/hack/mod so I can continue this game otherwise I have to start a new one. Anyone care to save me on this part?

I have tons of pictures and a story to post but too busy right now to do that. I post it hopefully tomorrow.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 09 Jan 2009 00:03

Tell ya what man, ill hack ya savegame for you, if your on steam prepare for me to message you hehe.
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 09 Jan 2009 13:19

Sorry I didn't talk to you properly on steam yesterday was in a frustating tense busy left 4 dead game trying to get the expert achievement (3 hours and 14 minutes yet still didn't get it :mozilla_yell: )

I just wait for you to come on whenever you can so I can give you the save game :mozilla_smile:
Balious
Senior Resident

Return to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky