My Story

Creative Narratives and Reflections, Discussions, Game Ideas & Scripts, and more

My Story

Postby Balious on 07 Mar 2009 15:04

Made new thread and basically just copied what I put from my first post on the story as I didn't know what to put. So heres the post:

Hey guys. Im currently writing/typing a story in my free time due to being bored. It is sort of like Resident Evil in a way with a company making viruses and so on. Currently just planning my characters and getting a summary and so on. I just can't think of a name for this zombie survival horror like story. Can anyone think of any suggestions? I don't want any ones that are taken like Resident Evil/Biohazard, Deadzone etc.

Also if anyone would like to I am putting people into my story as any character they choose to be like do they wanna be a civilian or a soldier or a company guy etc. Feel free to ask if you wanna be in it. Just make sure you tell me what sort of character you want like I said earlier.

I have got a very basic summary right now and this is it:
This is a zombie survival horror story written by me. It begins with the company Mattwick Industries testing some samples and there was a spill. The Steel Dragons were called in before it got out of control with the civilians going crazy. But when they arrived they did not expect to meet what they saw.

That summary can very well change and although the names are most likely crap to you lot they seem good to me (the Steel Dragons one is anyway the other one is a sort of joke my friends say to me of being rich and all long story short time)

I am gonna add some monsters from STALKER such as Bloodsuckers, Controllers, Poltergeists and maybe others along with monsters from Silent Hill, Resident Evil and any other horror like games/films/books.

So would anyone be interested in reading this?
Balious
Senior Resident

Re: My Story

Postby Balious on 08 Mar 2009 01:31

Okay guys I done my first draft of the first paragraph and here it is:
A brand new day and it was time to get work. Andrik splashed some water on his face as he stared at himself in the mirror. He noticed his long red hair was a mess so he started washing it. After drying his hair he looked back at the mirror. What he saw was a man in his mid-twenties with a clean face. Andrik looked at the time and it was 6:48am. He smiled to himself. He didn’t have to be at work until 8:00am so he took things a little slowly. He walked into the kitchen and made himself some breakfast. As he was halfway through eating the phone went. Andrik sighed knowing it had to be Moris needing him to come in earlier. He got off the chair and walked towards the phone on the wall and picked it up.
“Hello?” Andrik said in a cool voice.
“Andrik I am going to need you to come down as soon as possible. There’s some urgent news.” A man’s voice said through the phone. Andrik thought to himself what this urgent news could be.
“Sure thing Moris I'll be down there as soon as possible, Is it serious?” Andrik said sounding a little worried. There was a short pause then Moris spoke again.
“It is very serious see you when you arrive” after that the phone went dead. Andrik wondered whathad gotten Moris all worked up. It must be bad if he sounded like that. Andrik finished his breakfast quickly and got dressed into his Steel Dragons uniform which was a black t-shirt, jeans and his vest. Andrik grabbed his grey coat and keys and walked towards the door. As he put his hand on the door knob he took one last look at the place and thought to himself if he would ever come back. Without any further thoughts he left the house.

What does everyone think? I try and make it longer with the certain small bits such as what Andrik is eating and so on but I like to know what everyone actually thinks of it. I began it off with information of some of the characters so you have a sort of idea of who they are. But as I said in a previous thread I suck with description it is sort of my weakness.

I got a question for everyone. What creature should I use as a sort of mini-boss/boss or just under it such as like the Hunter is in Resident Evil. I was thinking maybe a Bloodsucker or a weak Controller.

anything in red I've corrected,
put on his vest, what kind of vest, bullet proof vest or waistcoat vest?
why would he think he might never come back?
busetibi
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 08 Mar 2009 15:05

Sounds ok, but it seems like you have jumped straight into it, if you look at most books or movies they dont instantly go straight into action, they a small little bit where it builds up to it, i belive thats what you should do, is build towards it all, as for the part where he wonders if he is ever gonna come back home, leave that part out, its not the fact it could reveal alot but i just dont think it fits, maybe im wrong, but thats just me, see what everyone else says. :)
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 08 Mar 2009 20:19

Thanks jamie. I try and build it up but its a little hard. Well I am right now trying to describe each character as I progress on with the story.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 09 Mar 2009 14:12

I realise it's only a first draft, but please proof read it before you post it.
not bad, might help if the reader knew what/who Moris is.
Andrik needs filling out, we now know he's a Steel Dragons member, is Andrik single? how old is he? does he live alone? if he does, why? whats Andriks story? what position does he hold in the Steel Dragons, private,officer? he must be high in the chain of command because Moris rang him about a problem.
you see where I'm at with it?
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 09 Mar 2009 20:54

Thanks for the advice busetibi. Yeah that makes sense to me. I got some more done but I post them after I think they good enough and of course I won't post everything until after I have finished. The prequel chapter I have (couldn't be bothered to rename it to 1 or 0 and its only a short thing to get the story going with a mystery although I may think of removing one bit as lots of people will just go wtf to it) is sort of complete just needs a few things added to it like what can be sent in to a certain place (someone to deal with the situation that so far no one knows including me atm and cant think what to put).

Im sort of getting a little help from jamie as he seems to always be on steam/xfire when I need him.

I don't think everything you said is needed from what I remenber reading books but I try and add everything.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby NatVac on 10 Mar 2009 12:15

"I've read your prose, and much like it." -- a paraphrase of a curmudgeon's comment.

More advice of a general nature ahead. It's long, so save it and read it in little bits if necessary.

====================
Practice, practice, practice.

"Write what you know," to start. Yes, you can write what you don't know, but beginning writers who do this suffer from a high infant mortality rate. You know Resident Evil well enough, and you've seen shows with similar settings, styles, and plots, so this story is off to a good start. Continue adding your own seasonings to taste to make it uniquely yours, but you should try out any new recipes in the privacy of your own mind first, like that "bloodsucker tentacles in zombie goo sauce."

Develop a thick skin. Listen to all your critics, both the ones who praise and the ones who criticize; they both have value. As you do so, remember that their opinions are just opinions and not your reason for writing.

Make lots of notes. Have a thought? Write it down. Think of a clever way to word something? Write it down -- you probably won't remember it later otherwise.

You have an advantage: You're young. You can learn more easily than older folks. You can develop good habits with less effort.

You have a disadvantage: You're young. Folks won't take you seriously for a while, and you don't have a lot of experience. That's okay -- in fact, that helps you get through a form of self-apprenticeship. You'll need to learn patience.

Like what you write? Get over yourself. What you like and what others like rarely coincide for the new writer. Folks have a phrase for the typical output of a beginning writer: self-gratification. (Okay, that's a euphemism for the actual phrase. :P) Read Rudyard Kipling's poem If -- in fact, memorize it.

Practice some more. Join a writing group for encouragement and the illumination it will bring to your blind spots. I'm not sure if it is the stimulation and feedback from the group environment, or if it's just the kind of writers that commit this much effort to their craft, but writing groups produce a vastly higher percentage of published "success" versus the general "writer" population.

Read. If there's one bit of advice you should heed, it's "Read". Read good stuff, and ask yourself, "Why is this good?" Read mediocre and bad writing, and ask yourself, "What makes this not good? How could I make it better?" Then pay attention to your writing, incorporating good habits and pruning bad ones.

Note the comments jamie1992 and busetibi gave you -- think about what you are trying to say, and how best to say it. Now think about other ways to say it. Then think about how to make it live, hooking and ensnaring the unwary reader who gives it a chance. We might pick it up because we are bored; try to make us put it down only because we finished, not because we've fallen over in a stupor.

When you become a true expert, then you can break the rules of grammar, syntax, spelling. Until then, broken rules are stumbling blocks for your readers.

Practice, practice, practice. Sit before your computer every day, and "open a vein".

Love what you do. There are basically four "quadrants" of writer types, permutations of agonized/facile and disciplined/undisciplined. Tolstoy was an agonized/undisciplined novelist, a terrible combination; every word was extracted with dental pliers, but only when he felt like it -- but he felt like it because he loved it. Others at the opposite end of the writing spectrum are facile (words flow easily) and disciplined (a set time and a set amount of time for writing) like Isaac Asimov, who stood before a typewriter every day for hours, producing over 500 published works of fiction and non-fiction before he died at 72.

But whatever type of writer you are is meaningless if you don't love to write. Writing because you are "bored" won't see you through.

Did I mention practice? Practice. Just keep at it. More than smarts, more than looks, more than breeding, more than whom you know, the primary quality of the successful writer (or any successful person) is persistence.

Finally, I have a saying: "There's a certain quality of many a would-be writer that speaks volumes -- but seldom writes them." Don't bleed out all your creativity talking about what you are going to write -- just write it. We'd rather read it than listen to you talk about how cool it's going to be.
NatVac
Resident

Postby Balious on 10 Mar 2009 20:47

Thanks Natvac.

*takes a deep breath and starts reading bit by bit and replying to them*
So your saying I could say if I know the ending quite well I could write that then write the rest later when I get more info on where I want my story to go? I try and think of some other things but they may not get added in till later when everything starts happening and so on.

Thats good advice thanks. I be sure to listen well to everyone.

I hate notes but as you said without them you may forget something so I keep in mind on making notes. I have some sort of descriptions of each characters in the Steel Dragons squad so I can describe them later if I forget what they have.

Thats quite a good advantage. And im not sure if that disadvantage is bad for me as lots of people don't take me seriously for some things. And patience im good with as I need it for most things.

Again good advice thanks. I may like my story but again some people may not and think its a very crap story. While others may think its good for a beginner. Who is Rudyard Kipling? I have never heard of him but from what you said I gather hes a poet. I research him later on then when I get the chance.

Practice makes perfect some people say so I guess that help me too. Thanks again Natvac.

Well I like reading books right now and I am currently reading the Resident Evil book series by S.D Perry. Them books you can say may be one of the reasons why I have started doing stories.

So many ways to say things just learning how to fully describe then I can maybe write very good books.

Thanks Natvac for that advice :).

More practice is always good. But what do you mean by "open a vein".

I have to love what I do to do it otherwise I struggle doing it and not be motivated. Im not sure which writer type I am yet but I guess I find out soon hopefully.

Well I don't like writing but I do love writing stories and that helps me do this.

Yes you mentioned practice alot of times :).

I understand I normally do just tell rather then write it but right now it seems im just writing it.

*breathes normally again*
Never thought I answer all of that. I re-read my introduction/prequel and changed bits ready to post it but I do that in my next post as I don't want this one bigger. Then you guys can read it and see if it makes sense so I know im actually doing something right.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 10 Mar 2009 20:49

Thought my post be bigger then that oh well..

Heres my introduction/prequel to the story.

There was news on the TV about a big disaster happening in the centre of the city of Cedar Bluff. The men dressed in black suits around a big round table were watching the reporter say that no one knows what caused this disaster. They sat in continuing to watch the news until one of them broke the silence.
“So how are we going to deal with this mess?” the first man said looking at the others.
“Perhaps we could send in someone to blow the place up, im sure that will deal with most of the people around the area.” The second guy said grinning. The others just shake their heads in disagreement.
“That is too risky and just utterly stupid.” A third man said. “Perhaps sending someone with experience in to take care of this, like a hired mercenary team.” Everyone began talking amongst themselves for the best idea to take care of the business when the double doors swings open revealing a young man in a black suit and wearing glasses. “Ah Mr Mattwick sir, we were just discussing how to deal with our current problem.” The third man says. Everyone turned their attention to Mattwick. Mattwick looked at each of them thinking what to do about it.
“Greetings gentlemen… For out current problem I would say to get someone to clean the mess up and who else but the Steel Dragons with the experience they have? Send them in and they can deal with this sort of problem. They are after all famous so send the message to them.” Mattwick said. There were nods all around. Mattwick thought to himself thinking it be quite interesting to watch them in action for what is up ahead. Everyone then smiled. Everyone got out of their seats and bowed to Mattwick and walked out one by one. “Today we will sort out this problem then we will be more powerful then ever before.” Mattwick continued to speak as the others left one by one.

So does anyone like it? Can't think what else to put in that part.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 11 Mar 2009 13:46

Balious wrote:Thought my post be bigger then that oh well..

Heres my introduction/prequel to the story.

There was news on the TV about a big disaster happening in the centre of the city of Cedar Bluff. The men dressed in black suits around a big round table were watching the reporter say that no one knows what caused this disaster. They sat in continuing to watch the news until one of them broke the silence.
The black suited men were sitting around a large oval table watching the news on TV, the reporter was talking about a disaster which had befallen Cedar Bluff, after she said "no one seems to know the cause of this disaster, I spoke to the police chief earlier but all he said was "no comment", so the mystery deepens".
Eventually someone spoke up,

“So how are we going to deal with this mess?” the first man said looking at the others.
“Perhaps we could send in someone to blow the place up, im sure that will deal with most of the people around the area.” The second guy said grinning. The others just shake their heads in disagreement.
“That is too risky and just utterly stupid.” A third man said. “Perhaps sending someone with experience in to take care of this, like a hired mercenary team.” Everyone began talking amongst themselves for the best idea to take care of the business when the double doors swings open revealing a young man in a black suit and wearing glasses. “Ah Mr Mattwick sir, we were just discussing how to deal with our current problem.” The third man says. Everyone turned their attention to Mattwick. Mattwick looked at each of them thinking what to do about it.
“Greetings gentlemen… For out current problem I would say to get someone to clean the mess up and who else but the Steel Dragons with the experience they have? Send them in and they can deal with this sort of problem. They are after all famous so send the message to them.” Mattwick said. There were nods all around. Mattwick thought to himself thinking it be quite interesting to watch them in action for what is up ahead. Everyone then smiled. Everyone got out of their seats and bowed to Mattwick and walked out one by one. “Today we will sort out this problem then we will be more powerful then ever before.” Mattwick continued to speak as the others left one by one.

So does anyone like it? Can't think what else to put in that part.

why are they bowing to Mattwick as they leave?
Isn't this set in America?
who is he speaking with if the black suited guys are leaving?

more on the Intro later
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby VINTAR on 12 Mar 2009 13:47

busetibi wrote:why are they bowing to Mattwick as they leave?

I though it was obvious, Mattwick plays for the SHARKS
Core2Quad Q8300 2.5 @ 3.6ghz
Cooler Master Hyper TX 2 CPU cooler
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
2 GIGS Transcend DDR2 800 pc6400 @ 960
Thermaltake Tough Power 650w PSU
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
-----------------------------------
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 12 Mar 2009 13:58

VINTAR wrote:
busetibi wrote:why are they bowing to Mattwick as they leave?

I though it was obvious, Mattwick plays for the SHARKS

yea, and the Springboks!!!!
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 13 Mar 2009 13:57

Just got time to reply to this thread. :)) at the bowing part with who Mattwick plays for.

To answer your questions:
1. I thought it make sense they bow to him as he is one of the masters of the whole place as the Mattwick family owns the company.
2. Yes it is set in America. I guess I could change the beginning to somewhere in America or something.
3. Just to himself I guess or the guys as they leave. Didn't really plan that part well.

Now I forgot what I was going to do damn.. :-?
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 20 Mar 2009 17:42

Hey guys im a little stuck. Can anyone help me describe these three pictures?:
http://psxmedia.ign.com/media/previews2 ... site_8.jpg

First picture is some kind of monkey freaky thing eating a police officer/swat. Basically I wanna describe that as a character walks in and see that eating the guy like in Resident Evil 1 where you see the first zombie eating Kenneth and then looks at you.

http://psxmedia.ign.com/media/previews/ ... pe2_38.jpg

Second picture is of a room full of dead swat members. Basically I wanna describe that as soon as the character or characters enters a room and they smell the stench and all they can see are all the dead bodies.

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/psx/ ... rtanmc.jpg
http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/psx/ ... haser2.jpg

Brace yourself on this picture as most people would go wtf at it. I took two pictures so you could see what they looked like fully. And yes it looks like something of a horse with one messed up face. That face.. it scares me :mozilla_frown:

All of these pictures are from Parasite Eve II if anyone was wondering where I got them from. And those horse things I seriously hate as they very annoying.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 19 May 2009 20:01

Anyone care to help me on trying to think of a intimidating monster. I want it to be scary making the readers afraid of it. I want it to be more scary then Nemesis making it appear anytime it wants and not when the reader would most expect it to be (like the character just did something very good of solving a puzzle or something and it appears). I can't think right now what else is more intimidating to compare it to and try and make it better. So can anyone help here? :mozilla_smile:

Also I would like a machine kind of thing too but is off. I would like it so the readers would think if it gets activated then everything would be over.

I just can't think of anything more scarier then Nemesis as most of my ideas seem just a thats just gross kind of thing.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 19 May 2009 21:06

I read a book once where the monster pursuing the man and the little girl he was protecting turned out to be the psychic presence of the little girl (very Alma, way before FEAR).

The key here was it could not be seen, heard, smelt, etc.... it attacked through the environment and could be anywhere. So you would have to describe the attacks like a poltergeist or something.

Or how about the shadow monsters out of the tomb raider film? Something similar....
EggChen

Postby Balious on 20 May 2009 19:09

Thanks Eggchen that is very helpful.

This reminds me of totally forgetting about Alma and the other type of scares similar to hers.

I wondered if a monster like Pyramid Head from Silent Hill 2 (I think it was this one and its name) is quite scary that people are afraid of. From what I heard it rapes the other monsters and does other nasty things. Perhaps a monster like that could be in my story.

Maybe even go on with what Jamie said to me on steam about one monster having one type of thing from each monster (alma from fear, neme from resi evil and so on)
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 06 Jun 2009 14:52

Heres my first chapter of the story.

Chapter One
It was a brand new Monday morning and it was time to get ready for work. Andrik Davis got out of his bed looking around his room. The walls were painted red, he had a TV in the room, a wardrobe and of course his double size bed. Andrik walked into the bathroom and splashed some water on his face as he stared at himself in the mirror. He noticed his long red hair was a mess so he started washing it. After finishing with his hair he looked back at the mirror and what he saw was a man in his mid-twenties with a clean and handsome face. Andrik looked at the time and it was 6:48am. He smiled to himself as he didn’t have to be at work until 8:00am so he took things a little slowly since he only lives down the road from where he works. His work is being a weapons cil of the famous rescue team squad Steel Dragons. They investigate crimes if the police can’t handle it, deal with terrorists and sometimes go on special top secret missions only the government know about. He walked into the kitchen and started to make himself some breakfast. He looked to see what was available and noticed a lot of cereal so he decided to have that. As he was halfway through eating the cereal the phone started ringing. Andrik sighed knowing the only person that would phone him at this time was Moris the leader of the Steel Dragons wanting him to come in early. Andrik respected Moris but wishes he could go a little easier on the members once in a while. He got off the chair and walked towards the phone on the wall and picked it up.
“Hello?” Andrik said in his normal tone voice.
“Hey Andrik I am going to need you to come down as soon as possible. There’s some urgent news.” A man’s voice said through the phone. Andrik thought to himself what this urgent news could be.
“Sure thing Moris I’ll be down there as soon as possible. Is it serious?” Andrik said sounding a little worried. There was a short pause then Moris spoke again.
“It is very serious, it’s about the disaster on TV, see you when you arrive” after that the phone went dead. Andrik wondered what had gotten Moris all worked up. It must be bad if he sounded like that. Andrik put the phone down and finished his breakfast quickly and got dressed into his Steel Dragons uniform which was a black t-shirt, jeans and his vest. Andrik thought to himself that he has got quite a dangerous job but someone has to do it. He remembered back to when the Steel Dragons was first made and he was one of the first to be recruited. He was an expert on weapons resulting in giving him the job of the weapon cil in the squad but he sometimes gets the job to supply weapons and ammo as he always seems to have spares for the other members. With a job like this Andrik is glad he’s single and lives alone otherwise he hear quite a lot of complaints but sometimes he wish he could have a girlfriend and forget about all of this. Andrik grabbed his grey coat and keys and walked towards the door. As he put his hand on the door knob he took one last look at the place then walked out the door closing it behind and locking it.

Moris Fynolds put the phone down after just finishing speaking with Andrik. He closed his eyes for a second wondering how something bad could happen. Moris was only told that the Steel Dragons had to get ready and will have a meeting to discuss what happened and then to send the squad in and he didn’t like it one bit. Something bad had happened in the centre of the city he doesn’t know what but it was big and is on all over the news. He put his right hand on where his left arm should be and he stared at the bandages he has so no blood goes out. He remembered the day he had lost that arm very well and he wished he could forget that day. How he had lost it and people think it was just an accident. He thought to himself and he knew it was not an accident. The person responsible for his arm will pay one day. And that day is soon arriving he thought to himself. He came back to reality when there was a knock on the door.
“Come in.” Moris said. The door opened and a man about in his late twenties appeared there. He had black hair, blue eyes and he was wearing the green Steel Dragons uniform. “Ah Rico I wasn’t expecting you till later but of course I should know you would always come in when it is needed.” Moris said smiling. Rico Oscar nodded and began to speak.
“It is my job after all. Besides being in second of command isn’t easy as some people say it is. Have you phoned the other members to come in as soon as possible?” Rico stared at Moris until he spoke.
“Well I just phoned Andrik and was about to phone Barry. Any chance of lending me a hand and phone some of the other members?” Rico nodded and walked out closing the door slowly behind him. Moris took another look of his left shoulder and picked up the phone sliding it onto his right side of the head and holding it in place while he rang Barry Spikes number.

The phone started ringing and Barry rushed out of the shower putting the towel round him and ran towards the phone. He picked up it.
“Yes this is Barry Spikes speaking.” There was a short pause then a reply came.
“Barry I need you to come in as soon as possible. Something bad happened in the centre of the city and we being called in.” Moris had said. “Get here as soon as possible over and out” before Barry could speak again the phone went dead. Just his rotten luck. He was meant to be going on holiday tomorrow with his family and only had to come in work for a few hours to do some paper work but now he has to sort this situation out. He went back into the bathroom and finished showering. He got out the shower and stared at himself through the mirror. He combed his brown hair rubbed his brown eyes and checked his small beard. After he had done all of that he walked into his bedroom and set out his clothes for what he is going to wear today. First he got out his jeans and neatly put it on the bed followed by a white t-shirt and a red jacket. This was his Steel Dragons uniform. He quickly got dressed and ate his toast and left for the office.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 13 Jun 2009 14:40

I found an english coursework story I did ages ago. It sort of is about the same thing. And since it was ages ago and my english skills were not as good as they were now expect a lot of mistakes. Also I will only use a few things from it into my current story. Also I have the characters from Resident Evil in it and also a few other people had made from a zombie server on Neverwinter Nights. Without further ado here is my old story:

Escape From Cedar Bluff

It began like any other day. He remembered everything that happened on that day.

He looked around the train watching the women sleeping on the benches. Barry walked in, he was wearing a red jacket and blue jeans. The train had started to slow down.
“Guess I have to tell you everything that happened before we met up with you shouldn’t I?” Chris said. Moris and Rico members of the Steel Dragons Team wearing the DRAGONS clothes nodded. Moris has one arm and in his bag is the other arm. Rico was silent waiting for Chris to speak. Chris smiled. “Well it began at the police station.”

Chris, Barry, Jill and Rebecca were in the Cedar Bluff police station. They were arrested because the people in Cedar Bluff thought they were the reason Racoon City was blown up. They were part of a team called S.T.A.R.S. which is a secret team that helps the government when they need help. They were wearing their S.T.A.R.S. uniforms. Jones, a police officer watched them in their jail cell. His radio started to beep and he began to answer it.
-“We got another S.T.A.R.S. member up here.”- The voice on the radio said. Jones pressed a button and responded back.
-“Bring him down with the others.”- Jones then turned his radio off and walked off. A few minutes later two police officers came to their cell, opened it and the captured S.T.A.R.S. member entered the cell. The police locked the door and left laughing.
“Are you alright?” Rebecca asked. The S.T.A.R.S. member laughed and lifted his head up. It was Wesker. His face was bruised. He was wearing a white shirt and a black jacket with black trousers. He looked at them one by one then he finally spoke.
“Well now… isn’t this interesting? I wonder what brings you to Cedar Bluff… It doesn’t matter anyway… this place will end up like Racoon City…” he laughed again. Gunshots and screams were heard coming from outside the police station. Wesker laughed again. “It has begun…”

Outside the police station the outbreak had started. Zombies appeared out of nowhere like they had been hiding in the undergrowth waiting for the outbreak to start. All the police in the city came at once trying to stop them but all they did was delay the zombies. Ten minutes later the whole city was covered in blood and there were only a few human survivors among the zombies.

It was midnight. The moon was out. The only place not infected was the police station. The zombies had surrounded it. Slowly they breached the gates trying to break in. The remaining police forces were inside thinking of a plan of escape. A wounded police officer carrying some bags came into view of the cell with the S.T.A.R.S. members in. The police officer stopped and sat down opposite the cell. Slowly a gate was heard falling on the floor followed by gunshots.
“I don’t like this…” Barry said. The others except Wesker nodded. Within minutes there was only silence. The wounded police officer got up and pulled out a key to the cell. He began to speak as he opened the door. Wesker immediately knocked him onto the floor and took one of the bags and ran off. The others helped the police officer watching Wesker go out of view through a door. “Take it easy… you lost a lot of blood.” Barry said to the police officer. The police officer started to speak.
“There’s… a way… out… it leads… to the… tunnels… of the… city… you… must… go through… the sewers… first… it’s down that way…” he pointed to the door Wesker went through. They thanked him but when they tried to carry him he pulled his gun and aimed it at them telling them to leave him there. They got the bags that remained and left. They could hear the door been knocked down so they quickly found the way into the sewers and ran to find the tunnels.

“So you found the tunnels got to the surface and left?” Rico asked. Chris nodded.
“Then we found you in Paddy Wacks Pub and you know the rest…” Chris finished. Rico’s radio began to beep and he got it out to answer it. A member of the Steel Dragons group who was also on the train spoke.
-“Bad news I’m afraid! The train tracks we are on lead back to Bowyer mansion which is not far from Cedar Bluff! And you know what’s in Bowyer mansion! We can’t jump out either! The stalkers are out there!”- Rico stared at the others in disbelief. He pushed the button to respond back.
-“Get to us there’s nothing more you can do, gather any other Steel Dragons members there are on this train and bring them to us.”- Rico finished then put the radio back where he got it from. Chris and Barry looked at each other and Jill and Rebecca woke up. Moris watched them join Chris and Barry.
“So who are the Steel Dragons?” Barry asked. Moris smiled.

Stando Jerrin watched the dog that had been shot by Andrik get thrown through the door out of Ringo’s. He smiled. ‘It’s been a month and I’m still stuck in this city.’ A group of people were by the bar that called themselves The Click. They were talking of what they should do now. One of them spoke.
“Maybe we should shoot ourselves?” the others agreed that this is all that was left. Stando stared at them not believing what he heard. He was about to tell them it was pointless to do it when Andrik spoke.
“That’s completely pointless! It will get us nowhere! We have to survive! Or the world is going to be like this forever! But with no survivors!” Andrik stopped talking and went into the bathroom. Stando watched The Click staring at each other. He smiled then closed his eyes.

Back in the bathroom Andrik was splashing water on his face. He thought back to when the outbreak began. He smiled. ‘Well I went to the wrong city for a holiday’. He began to speak.

“Well Andrik? What do you think about the murders?” a female Inspector asked him. The murders were about the zombies being mistaken for cannibals. The documents about it were open in front of him.
“I’m a Steel Dragons member… not an Inspector and I’m on holiday… so why am I here?” he asked her. She shrugged. “Maybe you should call…” a scream was heard not far away. He knew something was about to get worse. He was good at doing that. He got his loaded shotgun and ran to a safe place waiting for the Steel Dragons to come.

Andrik walked out the bathroom and looked at the members from The Click and Stando.
“We are heading for the airport… All of us… Those that remain will die… This bar will be attacked… Trust me… We leave now…” Andrik said. They got all their supplies and left for the Cedar Bluff airport.

The train will still heading for the Bowyer mansion. Rico got up and looked out the window.
“Forget this I don’t care what’s out there! It’s better than the mansion!” Rico said to everyone in the room. Ricardo, the member of the Steel Dragons on the radio had come back with three others. The STARS members were there listening. Moris watched Rico.
“He’s right… We can’t go back to the mansion… Prepare to jump…” Moris said. They began to gather their supplies and opened the door to the outside. They were in a forest but at the end of it they could see the airport. They jumped one by one. One of the Steel Dragon members Michael slipped and fell under the train and died. The rest of the group of survivors began to head for the airport. They picked off Stalkers when ever they saw them. Another member of the Steel Dragons was ambushed by two Stalkers. The rest of the survivors began to run to the airport not wanting to lose anyone else.

The sun was going down and the moon was going up. It was as if the darkness was beating the light. The Click members and the two Steel Dragons members were in the airport. They saw a plane and were heading for it. The Tyrant appeared. Rufus who seems to be the leader of The Click told his members to go fight it while he, another Click member and the Steel Dragons went to get the plane started.

The STARS members and the rest of the Steel Dragons members got to the airport and saw The Click members get killed by the Tyrant. Jill spotted a plane not far away and they ran to it. Jesse who was part of The Click was in the pilot seat and saw them. He started to take off once the S.T.A.R.S. and the Dragon members got into the plane leaving everyone still outside behind.

The Tyrant saw the door behind the plane starting to close and jumped up and grabbed the door. It climbed in and Rico, Moris and Andrik came and started firing all their bullets at it but it began to walk towards them. Andrik began to reload his shotgun when the Tyrant ran to him and with its claw stabbed him. Andrik dropped the shotgun and started to walk backwards and collapsed onto the floor on his back. Moris ran to the Tyrant but it just picked him up and threw him near a control console. Rico got his grenade launcher out.

The Tyrant stared at Rico. Rico loaded his grenade launcher. ‘Just one more hit and it will fall off the plane!’ He watched it get closer. Rico aimed the grenade launcher at it and fired. The grenade hit it straight in the heart and it fell back on the edge of the plane. Rico waited. Instantly Moris came into view pushing a button on the control console and a crate started to slide down hitting the tyrant making it fall backwards off the plane. Rico smiled at Moris and Moris smiled back at him.
“Well… That was fun…” Moris said. Rico nodded. Andrik sat up from where the tyrant stabbed him. He was badly wounded and was holding his wound.
“Can I have my vacation now?” Andrik asked. Moris and Rico nodded. They stared down at where the Tyrant fell.
Balious
Senior Resident

Next

Return to Writers' Room