"Call Of Pripyat" NEWS

General Topics -all inclusive- on Call of Pripyat

"Call Of Pripyat" NEWS

Postby audioave10 on 23 Apr 2009 22:55

Taken from a new Russian magazine. Thanks to BAC9-FLCL for
the translation.
Call of Pripyat
exclusive preview from Gameplay magazine (5.2009)

The plot is starting few days after SoC final events - Gunslinger is turning the psy-antennas off, but too, being out of it for few days. In the meantime, all the stalker realized the possibilities and perspectives of the pass opening, rush there. Of course, the way is too thin for all the people, so factional conflicts raise again and all the place began to fill with corpses.

Unexpectedly, the military forces become more active too. News about the psy-emission source liquidation reach military headquarters, and so, the development of "Fairway" operation started. The whole point of it is search for the safe way deep into the Zone for sending heavy-armed troops there and establish full control over the place. But something goes terribly wrong, and all the helicopters sent for reconnaissance vanish.

As said in the old wisdom, probably the one scout can make it where the big group failed. So the HQ send one operative to the place to inquire about facts of the case, while being undercover as a stalker. But, well - why "undercover"? He's actually a stalker, just having an eye on Ministry of Defense pays, so - on the military side. His name is Alexander Degtyarev, and he will be the protagonist.

Our main task will be to find and investigate what happened to those five helicopters. You'll find some info while searching for each of them, and of course in result we'll reveal the inconceivable Mystery. But, of course, the developers won't say anything about it before the release

Alex arrived at the place a bit late - stalkers already settled there, opened the small Bar in the old rusty ship, used some houses around, revealed the nearest anomalies etc.

Only two small groups of Duty and Freedom reached the Backwater, so they concluded a temporal truce and organized a base in the old suiting building. It is divided in two parts - for each faction. Everyone agreed that this will be neutral territory where no one will shoot.

Of course, bandits appeared there too, searching for easy money. One of them, Sultan, smart bastard, started a mess trying to gain control all over the place. But he's not going to kill anyone in sight, so it's possible to work for him.

So, we have 3 factions available for interaction, working etc. It won't be possible to join one of them (because it'll ruin the possibility of visiting lots of places and bring way too much shooting against the aggressive faction stalkers into the game. But you can change the force balance, do various tasks, help faction you sympathize to dominate.

Of course, there won't be any infinite wars for control points! Everything is a lot more interesting. For example: the scientist camp lose mercenary guarding. You can give them an advice like "I know some guys from Freedom, they'll help you, no problem". For faction it'll be the new earning source, and you - will receive respect from faction members, good equipment etc. you need.

Duty members usually prefer the heavy armor assault rifles and machineguns, Freedom - to sniper weapons and light, but protected against the Zone dangers equipment, suiting for those who like to explore the Zone. Developers didn't revealed anything about bandits propensity, but we think it'll be shotguns. And, of course, all the dark side adepts will choose that faction
Weapon assortment will grow a bit. By the way, developers decided to give more attention on smooth-bore weapons, so, for example, you can find and use automatic barreled-magazine shotgun (model prototype is DOA-12). Whole weapon balance will be reworked for higher damage and a lot longer distances.

For players not to suffer while choosing between sniper rifle and machinegun, devs made both two weapon slots universal - for now you can put anything you want into them. Of course, if you want to be armed while using the detector, you'll need one-handed weapon like pistol, but their role on the late stages of the game will probably decrease - everyone will prefer more powerful weapon

Suits will be divided into torso part and helmet part, both with separate stats. There will be 4 quick-use slots for items like bandages, medkits, antirads etc. Also, the new medical item class will appear - boosters. These are the preparations allowing the user to temporary raise some organism functions - for example, some of them will allow to sprint longer, some will speed up the blood coagulability, and so on.

Blowout can happed anytime, so you'd better keep in mind the ways to closest hideouts. You'll have about a minute to hide, and, which is most interesting, the hideout can be already taken by aggressive stalkers. Of, for example, you could the the members of Duty and Freedom in gunfight for the hideout. It's possible to help one of the sides, or just wait and collect the loot later.

Stalkers will act with the correct day/night behavior cycle - at night they're mostly sleeping, in the morning they wake up, prepare the equipment and leave the camp to search for artifacts - individually or as groups. As evening comes, they'll start to return to the camp with loot (or without it). Developers are going to rework the behavior and trade system, so you won't see the 5000 rubles and vodka in the backpacks of stalkers - they'll carry what they actually bought or collected. It allows some interesting schemes for dark side adepts - for example, you can wait for stalker to collect the artifacts and kill him returning to the camp to get your hands over the loot

Monsters will raise their activity at night. By the way, yes - there will be burer and chimera. Those models were already been in SoC recourses, but wasn't used in game due to various reasons. Developers said that they wanted unique enemies, so another dog-like close combat mutant is not needed. So, in sequel, they gave burer and chimera unique abilities and behavior. Chimera will use swift and deadly leaps from the dark while staying unnoticed and stealthed, try to avoid player to see it before the attack. Burer will widely use his telekinetic abilities - for example, for disarming characters. Or at least to make concrete block fall on your head

The stats balance for other monsters will be reworked. For example, bloodsucker will be a bit weaker, but more dangerous, his invisibility won't make him immortal, he will act slightly different.

The attention to details in Call of Pripyat is really surprising. For example, after the blowout anomalies will change their position and the artifacts will appear in completely different places, making almost impossible to memorize the safe route and run without detector like in Shadow of Chernobyl. By the way, it'll be possible to sleep! You won't be able to sleep under the bush within the bag, but on every base you'll find the suiting places to sleep at night. Much better than waiting for the morning in SoC while having time for a tea. Ten cups of tea. Or even more.

But, well, maybe you won't want to sleep at night. There are a lot tactical possibilities and, also - many quests are available only at night
There will be about 70 new unique quests. Small corridor-like locations are in past - prepare to explore three giantic territories:

- Darkwater - marshy territory, heavy affected with anomalies and densely built with various agricultural structures.

- "Jupiter" - industrial territory around and in the huge abandoned factory (by the way, the "Jupiter exists in the real Desolation Zone | translator note).

- Pripyat - 100% precise recreation of east Pripyat part, with central post office, school and other famous places. By the way, the city will be properly placed on the global map - north-west from NPP, not south, as in the previous games. The most important is that this level won't be corridor-like as Limansk in CS or Pripyat in SoC - no, it'll be huge territory with lots of various quests and non-linear exploring possibilities.

To say straight, Call of Pripyat looks like the wise and massive work on mistakes done in previous games. There won't be helicopter bosses, infinite faction wars and other elements that are theoretically interesting, but doesn't fit to S.T.A.L.K.E.R at all. Well-turned features like new detection system or weapon upgrading will be there too, but in overall look the Call of Pripyat is closer to the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R concept with dangerous, desolated and silent Zone where stalkers are rare and gloomy loners, where's no place for huge groups and tons of gunfights. We really hope that the developers will follow this line, because this time they've chosen really proper vector.

We're looking forward for the meeting with the dark and cloudy world of eternal autumn where it's not possible to live, but... where you still want to return. Again and again.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Re: STALKER "Call Of Pripyat"

Postby audioave10 on 23 Apr 2009 23:11

audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 24 Apr 2009 07:54

more info...

Almost every quest is separate unique story. For example, one stalker asked for help with his case: he tried to leave the place on his car (old Zaporozhets), but rushed into anomaly on the road nearby. Car fell into a crack (probably a place depicted on the screen).

He gives us a simple task - to take valuable items from the car's trunk. Sounds quite easy. We go there, jump down, take items stalker requested and... suddenly realize that there's no way to get out above

After exploring the crack, we find the burrow in one of the walls, probably did by some mutants. We look there and see their lair. There's a light from the exit, but the way to it lies through the cave full of dangerous creatures. So, what to do? Try to ran through the cave, take out your weapon or... wait for night for mutants to leave for hunting?
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 24 Apr 2009 08:05

There is still Russian info about a future game using the
Cryengine3...
http://www.stalker-portal.ru/index.php

One of their future games will be for consoles.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 24 Apr 2009 21:08

audioave10 wrote:There is still Russian info about a future game using the
Cryengine3...

Cryengine3...? Now that's very good news.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Lyoko774 on 26 Apr 2009 00:26

Nightwatch wrote:
audioave10 wrote:There is still Russian info about a future game using the
Cryengine3...

Cryengine3...? Now that's very good news.

Honestly, I disagree.
This whole forum is a shining example of the potential of the X-Ray engine. If GSC would just polish it a bit more, and fix all the tiny 'lil engine bugs still remaining, X-Ray could be an absolutely FANTASTIC engine for use by other companies, if they decided to license it.

Anyway...Lets just hope this doesn't turn out like Far Cry 2.
Lyoko774

Postby EggChen on 26 Apr 2009 01:07

I'd prefer something similar to the Fallout 3 engine, but obviously improved.

Its great in Fallout to see something on the horizon (and I really do mean the horizon) and then walk there. I suppose the biggest problem would be around the Stalker AI on a map that huge.
EggChen

Postby audioave10 on 28 Apr 2009 05:06

I fear that Cryengine3 is for the consoles since Stalker & Crysis
are making future games for consoles.
I also fear that "Call of Pripyat" is the last PC only game in that
series.
Look close at Cryengine3...its no better than their current engine. I have a bad feeling about this. ](*,)
audioave10
Senior Resident

Re: "Call Of Pripyat" NEWS

Postby Kanyhalos on 05 Jul 2009 16:06

My thoughts about "this" (characters can be transposed...)

Well, tbh it's totally disappointing to see that GSC is always trying to sell us the same stuff. All their games are changed versions of each other. I was totally pissed off with Clear Sky and this CoP doesn't sounds to be better either.

Hm so we will have 3 levels. Maybe they will be huge areas, but where is the variety? And I guess it'll be possible to play through within 3-4 hours.

So let's preview the "new" features...

Random blowout, also npc's are trying to find shelter. Awesome idea, gratz for this, "I would never thought about making this for the stalker game". Ohh wait, anyone remember what was the purpose of the blowout_scheme.script? Hm...

Searching for artifacts, trade system improvement, nah, little bit deja vu with watcher_act.script... lol

"By the way, yes - there will be burer and chimera." OMFG!!! I've been constantly having orgasm when I was watching old videos and checking old screenshots, none of the modders could copy their ltx files with minor changes and put them into all.spawn or make a script for their presence... Bloody hell, this is awesome, finally something new!!! Oh, I also hope that Nimble will have a new skin...

"The stats balance for other monsters will be reworked. For example, bloodsucker will be a bit weaker, but more dangerous, his invisibility won't make him immortal, he will act slightly different." - I was wondering on which modder sent them to his ltx files what is possible to do within few hours including test... nah...

"The attention to details in Call of Pripyat is really surprising." - Glad to hear that...

"For example, after the blowout anomalies will change their position and the artifacts will appear in completely different places, making almost impossible to memorize the safe route and run without detector like in Shadow of Chernobyl."

Yet another new feature. How creative. I wouldn't be suprised to die in an anomaly when I use a level changer (if they took out the terrifying CS-guide crap, lol)

"By the way, it'll be possible to sleep!" - Really??? OMFG!!! I'm trying to sleep since 2007 april when SHOC's been out!!! Now I'm sure I will sleep through this CoP... Hm, sleeping... AMK_Matras???

"There will be about 70 new unique quests." - And are these 70 quests will be all like "Get the tail of the pseudodog, Find the Urchin artifact, and Kill the Betrayed Stalker???

Darkwater, Jupiter, new levels, always welcome. Pripyat again, hmm okay I like that place. But hell, where is my freakin' NPP again??? Chernobyl Zone without the Nuclear Plant is like Dallas without Jockey Ewing...lol

I hope I just overreacting this thoughts, and it won't be as horrible as CS, and I know I have a unique thought about how the stalker game should look like, but it's not that what I want, AGAIN... :S

Cryengine3? Never seen it. But surely it's good like all other crytek craps. Another thing that the gameplay was zero, both in Crysis and the exp-pack.

To avoid any conflicts, I'm not directly bashing this game what is not even released, but what I see is GSC can't make unique stuff, they can't make anything new, and they are trying to sell us the same stuff over and over again.

I feel the smell of the "yet-another-epic-fail" in the winds, but we'll see...
DOWNLOAD Oblivion Lost 2.2 for 1.0004
http://rapidshare.de/files/40226819/OL2 ... 04.7z.html

DOWNLOAD Oblivion Lost 2.2 for 1.0005
http://rapidshare.de/files/40226610/OL2 ... 05.7z.html
Kanyhalos
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 06 Jul 2009 05:12

Everything you say...Kany...is probably correct but I'll be glad to see another Stalker game with different maps. In the US these Stalker
games are cheap and there isn't much better for the PC. Modders will
improve the game as they always do.
My opinion is that Cryengine3 is the console engine of the future. So
if it ports to the PC, that's all it will be is a port. Maybe a pretty one...but still a port and the game developers will still go the "cheap"
and easy way when they port it.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 07 Jul 2009 12:08

nice post Kany =D>
couldn't have put it better myself
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 10 Jul 2009 21:47

I agree with Kany. It kinda reminds me of Guitar Hero.
Hey, I got an idea! Why don't I learn to play real guitar! =))
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Kanyhalos on 11 Jul 2009 10:48

MeanderingBeing wrote:I agree with Kany. It kinda reminds me of Guitar Hero.

"That ain't workin' that's the way you do it
Money for nothin' and your chicks for free"

MeanderingBeing wrote:Hey, I got an idea! Why don't I learn to play real guitar! =))

"I shoulda learned to play the guitar
I shoulda learned to play them drums
Look at that mama, she got it stickin' in the camera
Man we could have some"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWXDjiKVs2U

Haha :D

Kanyhalos
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 18 Jul 2009 11:48

Ugh, their still using x-ray for this game.. just buy the right to use cryengine 2 and make a game thats decently optimised. Cryengine 2 still looks astounding.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 05 Aug 2009 23:16

audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Kanyhalos on 10 Aug 2009 11:54

Make finally a proper NPP, ffs!!! X(

Kanyhalos
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 10 Aug 2009 13:31

dunno if it's just youtube or what, but it looks crap imho.
the hands look weird, more so when he's using the binoculars.
/me checks to see if it's 2009 or 1973
oh dear L-)
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 18 Sep 2009 04:44

Call Of Pripyat on a 3 x 2 ATI Eyefinity system and a 5870 card which
is an engineering sample.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DLuUwFhS8E
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 18 Sep 2009 11:53

The card surely proves its existence there. 3 monitors fast action. Impressive.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Next

Return to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat