FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Postby rockingmtranch on 24 Jul 2009 13:41

OldFighter wrote:
fatrap wrote:
OldFighter wrote: then the kitties turned me into Fancy Feast.

=D> =D>

=))
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby busetibi on 25 Jul 2009 12:04

OldFighter wrote:Wait until you reenter Red Forest from Freedom territory again while in freeplay. The only solution I have found is to run for cover then start picking them off starting with the controllers first.

should make it back tonight,I've just left Yantar and gone through WT to clear up a couple of minor side quests, I 'm trying to get a few side missions done for Freedom so I'll get the "Kill the Controller" in bloodsucker village, tbh I've not seen that many Controllers, I think my kill count is only 26 or something :shrug:
anyhoo, Duty, Ecologists,Freedom all are "Green", some Loners have me "Red" as I killed Bes, I sniped him from afar along with some Rogues and Strangers, it's the only way to deal with them as if you get too close you're history and have to restart the level.
On to AW then RF :)
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 25 Jul 2009 14:09

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, spent almost all night fragging Strangers and Rogues in AW :-bd
on the up side I got the mission to "Clear the Village" and was rewarded with the special weapon for doing it :thumbright:
my current armour stash in AW
http://i27.tinypic.com/2qvaumo.jpg

note the "special weapon" (top of screen) :)
one head shot=one kill, regardless of who/what it is.
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 25 Jul 2009 14:23

busetibi wrote:note the "special weapon" (top of screen) :)
one head shot=one kill, regardless of who/what it is.

- you must be the "Sanford & son" of all time for HOARDING junk, Busetibi. That Dragonov would be my weapon of choice as well.....

I may come back to this mod one day, but those f@#king troll dudes still have left a really bad taste in my mouth.... :mozilla_undecided:
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 25 Jul 2009 14:41

Yea those dwarfs/burers are a real pain, more so when you have three or four of them together, a couple of "attacks" can bring up the "you should have run faster" screen real quick :-ss
thats why I dont use reload, If I die I prefer to go back to the level change and start again
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 26 Jul 2009 01:38

busetibi wrote:thats why I dont use reload, If I die I prefer to go back to the level change and start again

That's what I didn't get in the readme that got me so frustrated (my fault, I s'pose) I thought that the multiplying only happened on a quick save/quick reload... I thought it wasn't supposed to happen from a named hardsave. Looks like you are only safe @ an autosave (changer). Am I warm yet? 8-[
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 26 Jul 2009 02:20

Yep your warm. The autosave is the safe one unless you like lots of company on a level.
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 26 Jul 2009 13:24

well this is a first......
start the game up, get first splash screen then CTD.
FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CInifile::r_section
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xrCore\Xr_ini.cpp
[error]Line : 342
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : Can't open section 'wpn_tozm1'

:-??
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 26 Jul 2009 23:36

When I get a CTD playing Stalker I defrag my computer really good and they seem to go away for a while.
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 27 Jul 2009 00:01

busetibi wrote:well this is a first......
start the game up, get first splash screen then CTD.
FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CInifile::r_section
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xrCore\Xr_ini.cpp
[error]Line : 342
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : Can't open section 'wpn_tozm1'

:-??

That is unusual... makes me wonder if that save was corrupt. There shouldn't be a problem with that weapon... it has been in the R&G Mods for quite a while. It is the Hunters' rifle....
Did you try loading that save again? Sometimes that works.
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 27 Jul 2009 12:28

thing was it was crashing before I got into the game itself, I'd get the first screen when I hit my desktop shortcut then "crash".
I've redownloaded the mod from your sig and reinstalled for two reasons, first for the crash (mod loads fine now) and when I entered RF from AW I was kinda expecting some action from Oldfighters comments about controllers et-al, thing was all I got was 5 strangers/rogues, some dogs, a couple of tushkano and two burers/dwarfs and that was all the mutes I came across in the whole Red Forest map.
I'm in Pripyat now (about to load the save) I'll clear the place out then go back to RF to see if things pick up.
maybe the extra mutes pack/patch didn't take :-??
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 27 Jul 2009 23:42

Busetibi, I started a new game the other day on a different setting and noticed a change in what mutants were where. I like to play through once on Novice to get a feel of things, then I go to the hard setting, though with Fatrap's mods I have noticed the Novice setting is most times harder then the other settings except for how much loot you get. To me this makes it more fun.

I am in Redforect again and so far no controllers or cats but the freaking burers are everywhere. I forgot to clear the area around the chopper before going into X10 and when I came back to it I ran into at least 6 of the burers along with several giants. ( love Stampy the wonder blob, he gives such nice armour ) Anyway I do not think you can count on everything being the same between games or even trips through an area. Should make things more interesting.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 02 Aug 2009 05:24

Fatrap I have a question for you. Is there any way to add more mutants on the ground to the second part of the NPP once you hit freeplay? If you go back all that is there is a dozen or so strangers and a few zombies. Seems like a good area for some giants, cats, blood suckers and maybe a few dwarfs scattered all over running around.

I am talking about the area with all the portals but down on the ground.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 02 Aug 2009 13:49

OldFighter wrote:Fatrap I have a question for you. Is there any way to add more mutants on the ground to the second part of the NPP once you hit freeplay? If you go back all that is there is a dozen or so strangers and a few zombies. Seems like a good area for some giants, cats, blood suckers and maybe a few dwarfs scattered all over running around.

I am talking about the area with all the portals but down on the ground.

The original version made it that way.... no extra mutants after freeplay. Just Strangers. There is a patch for it that adds back in the mutants along with the Strangers once you hit freeplay. In fact, there are 2 versions of it... a harder difficulty level and a normal difficulty level. I personally think that the harder difficulty level is the way to go... it is much more balanced. Here is a link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jtzgkomud3t
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 03 Aug 2009 00:32

Fatrap, I am playing the easy version of the patch but outside of a couple zombies there is nothing in the back part of the NPP.

The front part before you go back to P Town has plenty, couple of controllers, a dwarf, couple of giants, some snorks, and more rats then I care for, but the back half has nothing to speak of. If there is supposed to be more there maybe I have something corrupted.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 03 Aug 2009 23:39

OldFighter wrote:Fatrap, I am playing the easy version of the patch but outside of a couple zombies there is nothing in the back part of the NPP.

The front part before you go back to P Town has plenty, couple of controllers, a dwarf, couple of giants, some snorks, and more rats then I care for, but the back half has nothing to speak of. If there is supposed to be more there maybe I have something corrupted.

Hmmmm.... I will check it out. You might be right.... I think I left that area a bit bare! :mozilla_oops:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 04 Aug 2009 03:29

Thanks Fatrap.

With not much else going on back there but plenty of cover for them to surprise you, it seems like a good place for a little mutant madness.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 04 Aug 2009 22:38

OldFighter wrote:Thanks Fatrap.

With not much else going on back there but plenty of cover for them to surprise you, it seems like a good place for a little mutant madness.

Yep... I left it pretty empty. Looks like there should be a few zombies there but no other mutants. I will see about fixing that! :thumbright:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 06 Aug 2009 20:36

Thanks Fatrap. To me it seems like a waste of a perfectly good killing ground.

Of course I will never admit it will probably be me that gets killed there. :))
OldFighter
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions