FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 06 Aug 2009 22:42

OldFighter wrote:Thanks Fatrap. To me it seems like a waste of a perfectly good killing ground.

Of course I will never admit it will probably be me that gets killed there. :))

=)) ^^^
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 06 Aug 2009 23:52

Not kidding. I was in P-Town cleaning out a stash I had there to take back to doc and sell. I had cleaned out what I thought was all the threats and was heading back to red forest when a damn rouge slipped up behind me and nailed me in the back with a sweeper. I was in a crowd of friendlies and never saw him join the crowd. X(
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 07 Aug 2009 05:31

I may have passed a time limit somehow with this game/mod. I went
to Red Forrest fine but when I tried to go to the level-change to the Brain Scorcher I would die from the Psi-emmisions even though I have the Psi-helmet with me. Also I could not load any save from Red Forrest. Its probably my fault for spawning explosive barrels and
pseudogiants in Bar & Cordon and terrorizing loners and bandits.
Finally, I no longer got any respawns in the levels anywhere. Is there
a time limit for spawns in this game/mod? I get nothing now except
normal bandits in a few places. No big deal...FatRap...but I'm curious
about your mod spawns stopping at some point. Does this game still
have a date-sensitive spawn schedule?
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 07 Aug 2009 14:53

You blew the crap out of it and broke it. :p
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby audioave10 on 07 Aug 2009 16:50

Its Nimble's fault...he told me he wanted to learn how to fly. So I put
80 explosive barrels next to him and he indeed did fly very high. I
don't think he was prepared for the hard landing. =))
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 08 Aug 2009 12:48

and it's now time to play.......
name that mute!
http://i30.tinypic.com/35lvqc2.jpg

things got rather busy at the Pripyat/RF switch for about forty minutes (rt)
amongst the dead(grey dots) are Strangers, Rogues,Monolith,Bandits,Military,Zombies(huh?, wtf are Zombies doing here? )
didn't think I'd make it as Mutes were spawning in at the same time as Strangers #:-s
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 08 Aug 2009 13:35

busetibi wrote:(huh?, wtf are Zombies doing here? )
didn't think I'd make it as Mutes were spawning in at the same time as Strangers #:-s

Ya gotta remember that all things are possible.... err... PROBABLE... in a R&G Mod!!! :-"
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 09 Aug 2009 22:30

OK... a quick little bit of news! While you all have been playing this mod I have been sitting back listening to your comments and making a "improved" version of Monster Madness. There are lots and lots of small changes.... almost enough to make it feel like a different mod instead of an updated one.
I will be testing it next week and if all goes well I will post a link to download it. The bad news is it will require starting a new game because of the changes...
Here are a few of the changes:

Traders have been totally redesigned... most of them "specialize" in items. That means that they will only BUY or SELL that type of item. There are a couple of them that will buy almost everything. And I have added 2 more brand new traders! You better take notes when you visit a trader to see what he buys and sells!

A bit more about the 2 new traders.... you will get a kick outta them! They both were "dead" in the vanilla game! They are full function traders... they skill train and repair equipment. One is located in the Wild Territory and one is at the entrance to the NPP.

Added a new weapon... and changed several of the others as far as what ammo they fired. The Groza M1 is no longer a multi caliber weapon. But it is still very, very useful!

Fox gives you this new weapon instead of cash when you "save" him the second time.

Put in a little tweak to keep the Controllers from crashing the game. I dunno if it will work or not. It is supposed to!

The extra items that the mutants drop via the hunter skills are much more useful.

Added back in Nandersens script to delay spawning. This way you might be able to load a quick save or named save without being punished. A word to the wise... it will trigger a spawn on a level if you are there a certain amount of time.

Changed the "toughness" of many mutants.... not such a headache now to take out a Burer or Controller, for instance.

Added in a few more tasks / quests just to make it a bit more interesting. They are simple ones... but just not from the same old folks you used to get them from. These quests should improve your relations with the neutral stalkers... just like the quests for Duty and Freedom do to improve your standing with those communities.

Just gave the whole mod a bit more balancing... hard to explain that! And it is a matter of personal opinion...

I'm sure that there are lots of other things I did... I have a brain cramp right now and this is all I can remember! :thumbright:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby Remac on 10 Aug 2009 03:21

=D> Sounds good Fatrap. I made a couple of changes to my version of your mod that might interest some. I added nandersons amd eggchin random stashes. I edited their config random stash to fit your weapons and armor. Now every stash is a surprise. #-o Keep up the very good work young man.
Just a old fart that has never grown up.
Remac
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 10 Aug 2009 09:53

dunno if it's possible, if not, then could we have more zombies?
like heaps more zombies (real zombies not the zombifieyd (sp?) stalkers) I'm talking about mass zombies, like 20 or so in a group.
about the possible thingy......
could a "Horror Time " be introduced?
not sure if you're familiar with NEWSA, but the Horror Times are random and happen at the most awkward times (which make them fun :) ) like I said if it can't be done or it's too much work then np, just asking is all :)
oh, another thing regarding the Rogues and Strangers, can they be made more aware/alert ? I found I was able to take care of them real easy as most of the time they were walking around in the level and would take ages to engage me most of the time I would shoot at them just to get them interested or I would set myself up some place and just snipe them

:salute:
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 24 Aug 2009 03:06

Hey Fatrap, hows it going?
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 31 Aug 2009 11:41

Anyone heard from Fatrap lately? Been a while since he posted and I am getting a little worried about the old devil. :mozilla_smile:
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 03 Sep 2009 04:11

He does that often...by the time he posts again he might have another Mod ready.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 03 Sep 2009 21:58

Hey guys! I'm OK.... just got side-tracked on another game for a while. Decided to try out Fallout 3 and I have been having a lot of fun with it. Needless to say, I made it about 3/4 of the way thru the game and then decided there were a few really messed-up things and I was tired of dealing with them! Sooooo..... I started modding FO3! Still in the early stages and I have much, much to learn. But I already made a decent shotgun that is vaguely familiar! :ymdevil:
Plus I hacked another mod to make the "endurance" of things much more tolerable. Who knows.... maybe a Run & Gun Mod for FO3 ???? I dunno....... B-)
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 04 Sep 2009 01:42

That's what I have been stuck on forever!! Fallout 3 + all the DLC (point lookout/ broken steel/ the pitt/ operation anchorage) I am on playthrough 3.... can't get enough!! :mozilla_yell:
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 04 Sep 2009 19:21

You go Fatrap!!! :thumbright: You mod that sucker, I'll play the heck out of it :-bd
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby OldFighter on 04 Sep 2009 22:46

Hmmm, I think we Stalker junkies have been abandoned and we may not get Fatraps updated Mutant Madness. :toimonster:
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 09 Sep 2009 14:03

OldFighter wrote:Hmmm, I think we Stalker junkies have been abandoned and we may not get Fatraps updated Mutant Madness. :toimonster:

Nope! Just hang on a bit... sometimes I break off from modding STALKER just to get new ideas. The updated Mutant Madness was pretty much done but I just wanted to add more stuff to it. Might be a while though. But, I will be glad to upload what I have finished. Just remember that this one requires a new game and any changes that I make to it might also require a restart. That is why I did not want to upload it just yet!

And if anyone wants to try out my FO3 stuff, pop me an email and I will send it to you! :thumbright:

ALL THE REST OF THE FALLOUT MODS POSTS HAVE BEEN MOVED TO OUR BRAND NEW "FALLOUT SECTION" IN ALL PC GAMES. :mozilla_smile:

(PS: fatrap's post date has changed, this is due to that I copied this post as the start of the new modding topic and re-posted it here again in his own post, so it seems it's posted today. -Nightwatch)
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 28 Sep 2009 23:17

OK guys, since you are all used to looking here for updates I will give you a heads-up to go to the All PC games section and look at the post I just made under Fallout 3 Mods.... there is a link there to the mod I have been working on for Fallout 3! :thumbright:
fatrap
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions