NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Postby Ultradad on 19 Apr 2009 11:14

Hello there :thumbright:

Well done Kaidonni =D> , just take it easy on the road and remember to feed the wheel :D . When your driving just think your the safe driver and everyone else is a idiot :thumbright:
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 19 Apr 2009 12:48

Good job Kaidonni =D> I am not understanding license @ age 22 though.... I was out on "solo missions" (legally!) when I was 16. Is there a different age requirement where you are or is it just how the cards fell?

Anywho - extreme mode chopper @ garbage has really pissed me off! X( I am an "in your face" kind of guy - I hate scurrying around like a field mouse. ](*,)

I went & bought Call of Duty 5.. gonna simmer down a bit & come back to where I left off later ( about a minute after getting the info/weapon from Serily) :-w
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Kaidonni on 19 Apr 2009 13:02

Thanks all. Nah...I just started my lessons last year, using my left-over money from the loans the government gave me for university. The good news is I don't have to pay those back until I am earning enough, the bad news is that I have to pay it all back. I just didn't have the money before, lessons cost at least £18 each. The driving test itself was £56.50. That is a lot of money.
Kaidonni
Resident

Postby busetibi on 19 Apr 2009 13:07

a quick question if I may, I did the map/area at night, regarding the six digit code, is the third digit a nine or a seven? in the torch light it kinda looks like a seven but on closer inspection it also looks like a nine (even with my glasses on it's kinda hard)
now as I understand it I need two codes, yes?
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 19 Apr 2009 14:25

What are these guys made of?

Nothing will get mole moving (he looks like Wolf by the way). So I gave him one last chance to talk, placing four barrels and gascans around him (I took a screenie but it didn't work for some reason!). Anyway nailed them, and he moved about a foot from his position, got up, walked back, crouched down ](*,)

I've tried just plowing on, but I get this if I go underground.

Expression : fatal error
Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
Line : 73
Description : <no expression>
Arguments : LUA error: ...shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_logic.script:406: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Edit: Got the effer moving (sleeping bag), same crash when I go underground (on game load).

Edit2: Thanks to the RPG I found earlier, that chopper in Agroprom was no problem. I still cannot go underground, NW - any idea about that crash?

EggChen

Postby Ultradad on 19 Apr 2009 19:25

Ok i managed to turn off the brain scorcher #-o but what a dam battle to get there :-o, soon as i got out i legged it to Yantar to chill out in the bunker and restock my ammo supplies, not going anywhere near Pipryat yet :ymdevil:

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/dead1.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/dead2.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/dead3.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/dead4.jpg

I died alot as you can see :-J

At this moment i am chilling out with barkeep pondering my next move :-k . Havent got the door code for bunker at junction before pripyat and i know i am gonna get spanked soon as i get there so gonna get searching :thumbright: . The other problem is guide. He needs the thunderstorm Groza

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/thunderstormgroza.jpg

It still has not turned up yet, if i kill him will i get the location for Doc in agroprom tunnels ?. He wont take a normal groza as it dont update the journal and its been a while but not sure if it turned up in a unique stash last time i played through. Not going to pripyat with out decoder and stash loactation tbh 8-|
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 19 Apr 2009 20:04

Firts of all, let me congratulate you Kaidonni for getting your driving license. :-bd t's on eof the most horrible tests a human being can be subjected,lol, :D but there's truth in it, particularly in UK (you're in UK as well) it's very difficult to get it.

Busetibi
In regard to the FN SPX sudden change to single fire, it's possible that your save might've got corrupted during saving process. Try a previous save and see if it's still stuck on single fire. :mozilla_smile:
So, you've liked the music change on AW Heli Attack scene, thanks. :mozilla_smile:

Volume is louder on the video, but fortunately EggChen lowered it down to a more suitable level for the finished game.

Grump642
I think you meant saving without "mipmaps" instead of without "bitmaps?"
Is your item belt still showing 3 items to carry only? There appears to be some problem has been devoloping in your game. If the game giving you 2 items despite it says 1 item on the files, then the engine coughed big time, but there could be a corruption in your game files, I'd suggest you can try deleting the gamedata folder and reinstalling the mod, well, it'll take a few minutes and will not harm your saves. Then let's see how it goes. :mozilla_smile:

Thanks for the pictures Ultradad
What that APC was doing there like that? LOL =))
And I see that you're having your fun in red Forrest. :mozilla_wink: Have you got the Sniper Bunker door code?
There's an offer of staying alive inside when the blowout hits, also some nice goodies.
And the pictures of me? LOL, you are complimenting way too much more than I can possibly deserve, well, it's very kind of you anyway :thumbright:

fiznerpin1962

I know what you feel, mate :mozilla_smile: I'm on the same wavelenght with you on this; but I guess it may prove a bit helpful at least if you were to put the game character as if he is a Special Ops and manages to achieve his destination target despite some overwhelming opposition firepower. It can even happen in real life you know. :mozilla_smile:

EggChen
Well, hmm, thinking... there's no problem in that area in the game, none seen in my games, they played very smoothly and as you know everybody passed Agroghom (who have arrived there) and now in various further stages of the. So, either you've got a glitch and it's repeating, in that case, try sleeping or try coming there from a previous save (thinking that Quad_core problem might've caused an incomplete save and game continued with handicap after that point onwards) or a contamination occurred in game files. If those won't help, I'd recommend a reinstallation of the mod after deleting the gamedata. it won't harm the saves. :mozilla_smile:

About the RPG in Garbage, you're lucky, it must be the in-game normal spawn of items which pops up an RPG in Garbage in "some" location. It's not the RPG that was removed from the Hanger's toilet. :mozilla_smile:

EDIT:

Ultradad, I saw your new post just about to pot mine. Another set of great pictures. :thumbright:
You can kill the Guide, you can then get the info from his body. It's OK, but it may affect your relations, still if you're quite high positive, may not dent much.
Also, if you can't get the decoder in Pripyat, you can still open the NPP Lab Door. (or the door opens for you) But there'll be an extended fighting (in XTR mode) there. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby busetibi on 19 Apr 2009 23:35

Ultradad wrote: Havent got the door code for bunker at junction

same, I've found the six digit code in about three places, using the vanilla game as a base the junction code is a seven digit code (unless our master has changed it :ymdevil: ) I have an Idea where it may be but I really, really didn't want to go there again :-ss
time will tell :-k
games running okay,having a few problems with NPC's quests not working when I get what they want, (finished the "protect the scrap" yard, I have two green marks in the PDA but Bes will not talk to me so It will not update, also with Bes I got the armour for a side quest with him, but again I can't get him to ask for it nor me offer him it. )
in total I have five side quests finished but can't update them, no matter these are only small things :mozilla_smile:
while I'm here, has anyone found Moles PDA ? I've searched the tunnel high and low and I'll be damned if I can find it.
oh well, back to the carnage \:d/
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 20 Apr 2009 03:30

further to rocky 123 he's posted again on the GSC site in the NEWSA thread,

---QUOTATION---
rocky123 you would be better to post on Nightwatchs forum regarding the FATAL ERROR, reason being he doesn't come on these forums often but he's very active on his forums.

to reg is free, and you'll get a quicker reply.

forum addy.
index.php
---END QUOTATION---

Thank You Done For Me.
They are laughing me about emails requesting verification what I did,but they really donot know my Chinese system and Foxmail receiver system mybe inCompatibility with them......???

my italics.
dunno :shrug:
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Ultradad on 20 Apr 2009 06:02

busetibi wrote:has anyone found Moles PDA ? I've searched the tunnel high and low and I'll be damned if I can find it.
oh well, back to the carnage \:d/

Thanks for the tips on the code busetibi :D, going to keep looking around. I bet those light fingered stalkers have made off with his PDA, if its not nailed down it goes walkies ](*,)

Went back and had a little chat with guide and he soon started singing like a bird :thumbright:. I now got location for decoder in pripyat

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/hetoldmelol.jpg

I swear to god, if i get killed by a helicopter one more f*****g time i am gonna nuke this game from orbit :ymdevil: Like i tell my son "its not how many times you die, its how often you reload that counts" =))

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/deadagainlol.jpg

Before i go back to red forest i decided to go pick up a few stashes i had up on the map, so i go do my rounds. Holy s**t on a shovel i swear to god this game is getting harder, its like world war 3 and theres gonna be no prisoners :-o . I love it :thumbright:

Thought i might share a tip on these looting, light fingered NPC's. If you can shoot them from a distance and they cannot see you the first thing they do is sneak over and loot there dead m8 :)) . Can take out large groups doing this as they love to loot :ymdevil:
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby Kaidonni on 20 Apr 2009 09:45

I believe I should clarify what happened about Petruha from before. As I said, he kind of went off attacking the military outpost for some reason, which on Saturday evening and yesterday morning led me on perhaps one of the most difficult missions of my life.

I had to assault the military outpost to save him. He'd been injured. At first I didn't really pay attention to that, I just wanted revenge. But, after hopping in a car and putting the pedal to the metal and successfully infiltrating by the back door the outpost, I found I was in for one hell of a fight. The amount of times I died...sheesh! Mainly by APCs or helicopter (and, of course, if you attack the outpost or the bridge in Cordon, a helicopter is sent as backup or retribution - on top of the one pilot in Extreme who torments you in Cordon). I eventually dispatched the soldiers successfully, made off with a load of loot, and healed Petruha - who ended up stuck by a bush because every time he moved, the APCs tried to pump him full of lead. So he decided to stay. I decided I needed grenades to take out the APCs, and a lot of them, so went back to Sidorovich and purchased more. Now, this is where it gets nightmarish. By the cover of darkness (which didn't prove the slightest bit useful) I took out the first two APCs on the road leading to the outpost, but the amount of times I died, mainly because of the APC beyond the barbed wire fence...I'd never died so much in the entire history of Stalker! Reload, move an inch, BAM! Reload, run for my life, BAM! I eventually managed to get to an injured (yes, once again) Petruha and heal him, what with two of the most dangerous APCs dispatched (RGD-5 grenades seem to be far more effective...I ended up using two F1 grenades and a single RGD-5 for both of those APCs). Petruha was saved. But now I had the last APC to deal with - so I went and bought more grenades, and dealt with him.

I tell you, the things Petruha does! This is the only time I'm sticking my neck out for him like this! If he wants to pee off the military again, he's on his own! He's lucky he's got friends like Marked One out there willing to do this for him, or he'd be dead right now. He's just going to have to make do with fighting bandits at the disused car park/factory in Cordon.

Oh, as a side-note...do APCs respawn if you leave the level? I mean, if I go to Garbage and then Bar and then come back to Cordon, will they have returned? Eep...:pale:
Kaidonni
Resident

Postby busetibi on 20 Apr 2009 12:36

hot work...
just got through the AW/Bar switch and I came across twenty Mercs just standing around trying to kill a Firebite,
Idiots!!!!
made short work of them :ymdevil:

http://i44.tinypic.com/11rys03.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/jsil9h.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2s6llxi.jpg

earlier on in the evening the AW base was attacked by a horde of Firebites,the whole base went on alert, Skinflint joined in but alas he died I went looking for his body and was amazed that his inventory was still there, my bad luck that I couldn't loot his body as my weight was at nearing the limit of my exo.

http://i39.tinypic.com/33dd2z8.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/520591.jpg

what to do?
go and stash all my gear then loot his goodies,or restart the level to have a trader in AW,
I restarted the level and when the Firebites attacked again I shadowed Skinflint to keep him alive.

so I'm now off to Cordon to get the dynamite,change the bullets,get the weapon/suit repairer,swing through Garbage and kill the pack of dogs,go back to Agro to kill the bandits,then into DV to kill the bloodsucker, then back to the bar to collect rewards, then back to Yantar to sell all my gear which is hidden on the roof at the bar (going to make a fair bit of cash from this as I've been collecting guns and stuff the whole game) then onto AW to collect rewards,still got a couple of quests to do for Lukash and while I'm touring the areas I'm still searching for the second door code X( (which btw is damned elusive) but I'm not going into RF till I get it

Tally ho................. :-bd

oh, and nice reward from Max, thank god I did that one before I left :thumbright:
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 20 Apr 2009 13:34

Great that you've got that "gift" from Max, busetibi. :thumbright: And I'm glad that you've found it useful, too. Somethings are very rare to obtain in this Extreme mode.
I would've saved Skinflint as well like you did, I also believe he is one of those characters who are most useful when alive than dead. :D

Ah... Codes ... :-k :mozilla_smile:
I guess you've already got one of them. You sound confident enough. And the other one... maybe nearer than you expect :mozilla_wink: (but I don't know what you expect, so I may be wrong. :mozilla_wink: )
Great explosion pictures.

Your post made me laugh so hard, Ultradad, great. =))
So you spoke with Guide in a language he seemed to understand better :thumbright: Great picture, and the others, too.
Hey, btw, do you want me to put game over pictures on Players Corner as well, because some guys specifically asked for it. I'm happy that you're enjoying the game. :mozilla_smile:

Kaidonni, you've done one of the most difficult things, well, at least for me anyway, by saving one of those idiots (in this case: Petruha) who sometimes take their their chances in attacking the Blockpost with a handgun or shotgun, against 3 heavy-shield APCs and helicopter(s). :thumbright:
It was an amazing read, seeing the planning and execution stages that you've gone through. Great.

===============

GUYS,
Please do not forget to post your PDA stats pictures to Players Corner thread as well, ( on this section of the forum) EggChen is giving awards in several categories. Grab one before it goes away, and hold onto it. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 20 Apr 2009 14:19

So, providing I come back & raise my blood pressure with that #@$#@ chopper - please tell me the door codes aren't in the far corner of the top of a water tower or something silly... no spoilers wanted, just reassurance that they can be found with patience levels already "red lined".

(tried to get away from that fucker last night -once- made it out of hangar to train tunnel OK... tried an "end around" sprint to the Agro changer. Between the bandits, the APC, & that damn chopper... I got burned down within feet of the level changer. X( ' The part that really frosts me is the instant death from depleted plutonium rounds... no warning - just "bang- your done" once was all I could do... instant ](*,) when I died.)
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 20 Apr 2009 15:24

NightwatchTried reinstalling mod and fix, but I am still getting the problem. So far I have dealt with it. I swear, you Zombies(?) are getting stronger! 1 hit and I lose half my health! This pic only shows the ones in front. Just as many on other sides! http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/Grump642/Soc/ss_grumpy_04-19-09_14-19-42_l02_gar.jpg
The firebites half gone from a "pain in the butt" to dangerous!! They are spawning everywhere and they attack in groups of 5-7!!
I also tried to save the dumb scientist taking measurements. I spent 1.5 hrs just to get him back to Yantar alive! He kept getting killed by Mercs, choppers, and all. Once, after talking to him at the start, he wouldn't follow me! Anyhow, after all that, we go on the measurements mission and a blowout hits. I step back into the tunnel, but this fool just stands there and gets killed! Good riddance!
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Ultradad on 20 Apr 2009 16:12

Love the way you took out the mercs busetibi, you gave them the hard goodbye :)) . Love the exoskeleton suite but i am still on stalker suite as its the only one i found with a certain stat (telepathy) and i found loads of suites or maybe its just my bad luck :-k

Now before i go out i want to discuss zombies. Nasty thing happened to me last night that made me almost have a bowel movement (s**t myself) :)) , i got a blow out and a mini horror time then halfway thought them i had a full horror time :-o . It must be the most intense 5 mins of my life, they were coming out of the walls, floor and ceiling. I had my back to the wall and i was getting hit from behind. How i lived i dont know but i was 250+ shotgun rounds lighter :ymdevil:

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/yourhavingalaugh.jpg

What a nasty mod but i love it to bits :thumbright:
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby Vizze on 20 Apr 2009 16:52

hey mates :) I'm new in this forum, but I have been stalking it a bit for a while . He, but now I'm joining in B-)
Vizze

Postby Grump642 on 20 Apr 2009 21:18

Welcome. Fun comes first here! And we help each other as needed.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 20 Apr 2009 21:20

Hey Vizze, welcome :-bd
EggChen

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions