NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

A question of dynamite (SPOILER)

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 19 Oct 2008 01:40

Somebody had a question about the location a while back. In rookie village (bigger of the two shelters)
- Just did that quest again:
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... _escap.jpg

another Kodak moment:
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... _milit.jpg

edit: tried throwing my Mama's Beads in an electro about 4 or 5 times @ different times, different anomalies - not working. Oh well....
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 19 Oct 2008 14:56

A very good Kodak moment fiznerpin1962 :thumbleft:

I will try to update the pictures on the website, I know I'm a bit late, but the (real life) work has given a heavy beating for the last two weeks or so; I hope middle of this week I may have a breathing space to continue with such projects. :)

About the mama beads thing, well, it's aglitch alright, but busetibi has so far mastered how to deal with glithes and the work arounds, he may offer a workaround gained by experince. :)

About the developments on the Patch:

as you all know, now new textures are also implemented, thanks to EggChen :thumbright: who imported some Clear Sky textures as well, among other texture works like water textures and personally registered them in the game.

I have stopped the Bar snitch selling Level Exchangers. he will talk about other stuff as usual and continue to offer artefact creation formulas as such, but no Level Exchangers from him.

A few icon reworks done as well.
Even more translations.
Some dialogs in Garbage have recived some reworks as well. Some unnecassary dialog sections removed for a smoother gameplay feel.

For NPP confrontations that have left many players in nerve reck :) against the onslaught of FN2000NW SPX and Nite6 MLSP multi-launcher donned top Monoliths, now the Nano Suit will offer player damage abilities (which was not available before) as it's tied to a script. (not to be confused with immunity and protection values)
And the player will still need to watch his every step, as it would be in a real gun fight. :)

More later.
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 19 Oct 2008 15:09

The new asphalt texture looks nice and so does the water altho the waterline remains in it's ruler drawn state, havent seen the freedom or monolith texture yet tho.
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 19 Oct 2008 15:48

Getig repeative ctd-s in Yantar, latest one
FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : vertex || show_restrictions(m_object)
[error]Function : CPatrolPathManager::select_point
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\patrol_path_manager.cpp
[error]Line : 155
[error]Description : any vertex in patrol path [yan_scientist_bunker_walk] in inaccessible for object [yan_scientist_help]
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 19 Oct 2008 16:00

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:Getig repeative ctd-s in Yantar, latest one
FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : vertex || show_restrictions(m_object)
[error]Function : CPatrolPathManager::select_point
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\patrol_path_manager.cpp
[error]Line : 155
[error]Description : any vertex in patrol path [yan_scientist_bunker_walk] in inaccessible for object [yan_scientist_help]

sounds like you may have to kill that bastard in the "real scientist" suit. :rr:
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 19 Oct 2008 16:03

DARK TEMPLAR, there is a situation that has come to the attention after applying the ZRP Fix for Yantar, and although the ZRP Fix solves the "vanilla" problem of "scientist getting stuck on its path" basically and practically, however, if the player reloads a save during the "get the readings Mission" the effect of the Fix dissipates.
I had included this on the website "Tips & Help" section as well as on the updated read me which is available for download from the website. :)

So, you either must not reload (which is difficult to do so in a dangerous mission) or you should still need to kill the scientist (the best solution) with a silencer after completing the mission and he has spoken with Sakharov.

________
edit:

Wow, you're fast fiznerpin1962, you've beaten me in the post. :)
Last edited by Nightwatch on 19 Oct 2008 21:03, edited 2 times in total.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 19 Oct 2008 16:18

Nightwatch wrote:
I will try to update the pictures on the website, I know I'm a bit late, but the (real life) work has given a heavy beating for the last two weeks or so; I hope middle of this week I may have a breathing space to continue with such projects. :)

Seriously, I'm not expecting you to post all these pics I flood the forums with, so don't feel pressured to do so. It's more of a photo journal - "the story of the "fiz". :salute:

- And on that note -
more pics from the zone

- Look at the crap I found on this scavenger!! :
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... _garba.jpg

- my first million:
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... 05_bar.jpg

edit: I may have beat you in answering,Nightwatch - but I hardly explained anything in detail like you have done. :salute:
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 19 Oct 2008 16:40

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:...the waterline remains in it's ruler drawn state...

Yep, I have come to the conclusion that the only way to mask this would be to edit the level, placing grass at the edges...

As I understand it, compiling a level can take up to a week!!

We may have to accept this one guys... :pale:
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 19 Oct 2008 16:45

So now you're millionaire, I hope I am addressing you properly now in light of your newly gained status :) but let's celebrate it at the least. :partyman:

fiznerpin1962 wrote:- Look at the crap I found on this scavenger!! :
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... _garba.jpg

That is an amazing shot. =D>
I have not given any bandits those expensive highly special NEWSA weapons!! (or any NPCs; except to the NPP Monolith hit squads). He must have gotten them from those few stashes and bought a few of them. Because not all of them in stashes either. Some of them are only available from the trader(s). He must've looted a lot and amassed a lot of money as well.
Did you got him in Dark Valley or AW? Bandits and NPCs in those areas start with a greater money in fact, so easier to get richer for them.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 19 Oct 2008 17:28

It was actually off of a bandit near the entrance to the train tunnel on the garbage side (where you go in to get Grizz's things - I dropped him by the pipes off to the right as you face the entrance) I saw what he had on him & just about peed myself! :sign5:
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 19 Oct 2008 22:07

fiznerpin1962 wrote:It was actually off of a bandit near the entrance to the train tunnel on the garbage side (where you go in to get Grizz's things - I dropped him by the pipes off to the right as you face the entrance) I saw what he had on him & just about peed myself! :sign5:

Walking treasure! :D I have found a few guys up to now carrying Groza-NTs and Nite14 shotgun, a few other things between them, but never seen such a big loot yet. You sure dropped the right man there. :thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 20 Oct 2008 04:11

-And this is what happens when you try to take a shortcut around X16 to get to the scorcher level changer ( after seeing Ghost for the Sakarov book) :scratch: oops....
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... _yanta.jpg
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 20 Oct 2008 14:01

Nightwatch, I also have encountered two more strange crashes. One hapens when I try to go from gordon to garbege after I click yes on the dialoque box ( don't have a log of that right now but will provide when I make my next trip there ). And the second has something to do with ''not enough storage for this command'' error when I try to watch the contacts page.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby anchor.1 on 20 Oct 2008 14:11

Looks like a modern painting, I surely can use it on my wall. :D
anchor.1
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 20 Oct 2008 15:29

yeah, fiznerpin1962, as anchor.1 said it rather looks like a modern painting, :) It's an unfinished part that developers has left like this. There are a few pockets like this in the game, somethimes visible when you fall into a building (though the roof) or at some angles, particularly at the level edges. Consider them abstract world through the twilight zone.:)

DARK TEMPLAR

The crash you experienced at the level changer is a "vanilla one" and it'd be nice to see the error log when you have another crash; though, it usually happens when the game either fails to complete the auto-save properly, transfer all the items and data with you to the new area, or fails to overwrite any one of the files that it should write, and ususally -in this instance- gives a prompt saying "cannot create already existing file" sort of thing, in that effect.

In these situations, you may find that actually the auto save was done successfully and you can reload the auto save from the menu just fine, or you would need to walk into the level changer once again.
Therefore, when playing STALKER it's always best to make a hard save just before entering the changer and another save right afterwards.
In fact ZRP offered a "one-key" hard save to facilitate this more easily.

Second one, the PDA contacts matter: as I posted the picture a few pages back, I can access the PDA contacts list; however: (considering that there is no changes you've made in the files), when too many NPCs around you (in near vicinity, in your radar) the PDA cannot sometimes handle the number of NPCs, the data, in short; it doesn't have that much memory allocation as it appears. Sometimes, 50 and more NPCs spawn around you in certain places and times and PDA doesn't have that much place to handle it. It's an engine matter, there is no easy way of (as far as I know) to increase the PDA memory allocation in the game engine.
So, when there are so mant people around you, you may just ignore who's who; and you can just look at them (instead of searching them in PDA) this way, the cursor will again tell them who those people are. :)
Last edited by Nightwatch on 26 Oct 2008 20:17, edited 2 times in total.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 20 Oct 2008 16:04

Well it doesn't matter how many npc's are in the viscinity, there might no one but it still crashes withe same not enough storage error. It doesn't happen all the time, just occasionaly
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 21 Oct 2008 17:45

Well, the game (I mean the underlying STALKER game on which the mod has been thrown) functions a bit differently among systems, as long established; which is also true for most of the games on the market.

There is PDA memory utilization inefficiency -that would be almost impossible to correct, or better to say, to change- and this, as it seems like many other things shows itself less or more extents on different systems.

I have a picture when I wsa looking at my contacts in AW, reasonable number of people around, Lukash, and others. I had posted it a couple of pages back, but if you go to Nightwatch01 link through the mod's download link, on filefront pic gallery, you can see it, but I'm afraid it won't help your case.

As I said, if this situation is persistent, you may just refrain looking at the contacts list. I understand that it could be useful for decision making process while playing, but you may try to get by, as much as you can, by just looking at them and reading their names on the screen. hard work, I know. :)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Eeeewwww.....

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 22 Oct 2008 03:00

It has gotten so I can't go anywhere anymore. :scratch: Places that get 1 frame/ 2 seconds: Dark Vally, Agroprom, Army Warehouses, sometimes @ Wild Territory. - what to do now?? I have vaporize bodies switched on.... :angryfire:
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 22 Oct 2008 09:49

base yourself in Pripyat, take side trips to RF and BS complex, turn your spawn options up to very frequent in additional options menu, you'll have more than enough NPC'S /Mutants to kill.
I also found the lag in those maps/areas, I did manage to get through Yantar by running all the time, after 10-15 seconds of trying to run the lag would go away.
WT was a total no go area, AW,Agro,DV wasn't really bad, what I used to do was go into those maps/areas hide myself and go have a smoke for 5-10 mins then start playing the map, the lag did decrease.
Pripyat,RF,BS complex had no lag what so ever (which apart from the mass of controllers was why I based myself in Pripyat.
busetibi
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions